Friday, December 27, 2013

Blackened Grouper w/ Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto, Boiled Mini Carrots,...

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Grouper w/ Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto, Boiled Mini Carrots, and Wheat Bread







It's been a chilly but a sunny and beautiful day out today! Started the day off by making an Egg, Canadian Bacon, and English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich with the Hamilton Beach Breakfast Sandwich Maker I had purchased about a month ago. Love this thing, it makes a perfect sandwich every time! Since it was above freezing I took my car and Mom's over to a local car wash and had them both cleaned, and both needed it! Went to the grocery and home for the day. For dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Grouper Fillet w/ Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto, Boiled Mini Carrots, and Wheat Bread.







Last night before I went to bed I laid one of the Gulf Coast Grouper Fillets in the fridge overnight to thaw. A friend of mine who goes down to the gulf Side of Florida quite often always brings me back some of his fresh caught Grouper. These are always some of the finest tasting Grouper I've ever had! i started by rinsing the fillet off in cold water and patting dry and cut it into smaller pieces. I melted a tablespoon of butter, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then brushed both sides of the fillets with the Butter and then rubbed the fillets with Zatarain's Blackened Seasoning. Then I got out my favorite skillet, The Cast Iron Skillet. Is there any better pan? You can't stain it, you fry in it, bake in it, and all temperatures. Just make sure you clean it and keep it seasoned, it will last a life time and then some! Anyway added Canola Oil to the skillet and heated it on medium high. When the pan was fully heated I added my Grouper. Cooked it about 3 1/2 minutes per side, and it was ready for the table! This fish is just soooo good, hard to describe! Moist and bursting with flavor. I hope my friend catches a lot of grouper while he's down there after the first of the year, and keeps me in mind!







For one side dish I made some Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto. I used Lundberg Creamy Parmesan Risotto. Quick, easy, and delicious Risotto dish. Ready in about 25 – 30 minutes. I added some fresh sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms to it as it was cooking. Then when it was ready I sprinkled some fresh grated Parmesan Cheese on it. Then I also boiled some Mini Carrots and had a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert later a Del Monte No Sugar Added Peach Chunks Cup.








Lundberg Creamy Parmesan Risotto


Enjoy the delectable flavor of rich, aged Parmesan cheese in this elegant Italian-style risotto. We created this delicious gourmet side dish by blending quality ingredients like Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, and spices with our creamy Arborio rice. You’ll love how the individual kernels plump, creating a rich, creamy sauce while the rice grains remain separate and al dente. Preparing this tasty risotto takes about 20 minutes and requires minimal stirring. It’s an easy, convenient way to add gourmet flair to any meal.

Cooking Instructions

In a heavy 2 qt. saucepan, sauté rice in ½ Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add 2½ cups water and contents of seasoning pouch. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cook uncovered for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until rice is tender. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese is desired. Serve piping hot.
Ingredients

Eco-Farmed Arborio Rice, Parmesan and Cheddar Cheese Blend (Parmesan Cheese, Cheddar Cheese {Milk, Cheese Culture, Salt, Enzymes}), Salt, Whey, Buttermilk Powder, Dried Cane Syrup, Natural Flavors (Cheese, Dairy), Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sodium Phosphate, Maltodextrin, Dried Parsley, Yeast Extract, Butter (Cream, Salt), Rice Flour, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Expeller-Pressed Safflower or Sunflower Oil, Pepper, Lactic Acid, Nonfat Milk, Enzyme-Modified Cheddar Cheese, Turmeric. Contains Milk.


http://www.lundberg.com/products/risottos/Creamy_Parmesan_Risotto.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment