Saturday, December 7, 2013

Cooking Light With Seafood

Excellent article and some delicious sounding recipes from the NY Times web site. The link is at the end of the post.
 


Cooking Light With Seafood
By MARTHA ROSE SHULMAN

Many of you, still full from Thanksgiving, may be anticipating holiday parties to come and wondering how to balance things out with some of the meals in between. With this in mind, I decided to work on light fish and seafood dinners for this week’s Recipes for Health. They should provide you with a respite from rich food during this shortened window between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I bought several fillets of Alaskan cod knowing that the Alaskan state fisheries use sustainable practices. Cod is a very mild tasting fish that has a fairly firm texture. I oven steamed the fillets using the same technique I use for salmon and made three different sauces to serve with the fish. Oven steaming worked beautifully. I love using this cooking method because you don’t need any extra oil, except to oil the foil on your baking sheet, and you won’t be left with lingering odors of fried fish in your kitchen. It is a very forgiving method for preparing fish and lends itself to do-ahead cooking.

In addition to the cod with sauces, I made a refreshing and satisfying ceviche and I also bought some clams, which I steamed and served with a spicy tomato sauce. .....



http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/06/cooking-light-with-seafood/?_r=0

No comments:

Post a Comment