Sunday, December 15, 2013

Buffalo Bone in Ribeye Steak w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Kicked - Up Chili Beans, and...

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Bone in Ribeye Steak w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Kicked - Up Chili Beans, and Wheat Bread







Cold and windy out today, and today was gift delivery day this afternoon. I dropped off Buckeyes and Fudge to the neighbors and dropped off assorted gifts along with Buckeyes and Fudge to some of the family (Cousins, Aunts , and Uncles), and friends. I love doing stuff like this! Monday I have another couple of cases of Green Beans, Corn, and Stuffing for our local Free Food Store. For dinner tonight I broke out the big guns! I prepared a 16 oz. Bone-In Ribeye Steak (Cowboy Steak) w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Kicked - Up Chili Beans, and Wheat Bread.







I had ordered a Wild Idea Holiday Package of Buffalo, which included 2 - T-Bone Buffalo Steaks, 2 - 16 oz. Bone-In Ribeye Steaks, 2 Packs of 1/4 lb. Buffalo Burger Patties, and a 1 lb. Package of Buffalo Brats. I got the order earlier in the week and was anxious to try the Ribeye! What a beautiful cut of meat this is! It was about 1 1/2" thick with just enough of marbling to make it perfect. To prepare it I rubbed it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried it using a Cast Iron Skillet that I preheated on medium heat. When it was ready I placed the Ribeye in the pan and on the first side fried it about 4 1/2 minutes then flipping it to the other side for another 4 minutes. I then removed it from the pan and let it set covered with foil for 7 minutes. I had it an internal temperature of 136 degrees for a medium rare, and it came out perfect. So moist and tender and with that distinct Wild idea Buffalo flavor. Way to big for one meal, I'll have the leftover for breakfast or lunch tomorrow. This was one incredible Ribeye Steak!







For a side I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, I was all out of fresh Potatoes. Then I also made some Kicked Up Chili Beans, hadn't had those in quite a while. For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few (or more) dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I also had a couple of slices of Klosterman Wheat Bread. It was one delicious dinner! For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Popcorn.









Wild Idea Buffalo 16 oz. Bone-In Ribeye Steak (Cowboy Steak)
The Ribeye cap and bone add the extra richness to this cut. Our Bone-In Ribeyes make for a perfect presentation, and luckily they aren’t just for cowboys. Our bone-in ribeye was a featured winner of the 2012 Cooking Light Artisan Products Award. Cut to 16 oz. each.





http://wildideabuffalo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment