Monday, December 16, 2013

Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Soup

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Soup




Another day and another 2" of snow! We just get our driveway and walks clear and snows again, HO HO HO! They say by Thursday though it's going to hit 50 degrees. Dropped of the food I had bought for the Free Food Store and that was about it for the day. I did get in an on-line Scrabble Tournament, love playing Scrabble! For dinner I kept it simple and a real comfort food meal. I prepared a Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Soup.




My cousin gave my Mom an Appleton Farms Smoked Ham-Shank Portion, which quite possibly be the best tasting Baked Ham we had ever tasted or prepared! Just an incredible taste and very moist and tender. This is one good Ham. My cousin and her family buy them all the time from Aldi, at 99 cents a lb. We'll be buying our Hams there from now on. I sliced some Ham off for the Sandwich. I used Klosterman Wheat Bread and 2 slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese. Put the Ham and Cheese on the Bread and got out the flat top griddle. I heated the griddle up putting a 1/2 tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on it and then grilling my Sandwich, about 3 minutes each side till golden brown.





For my Soup I used Campbell's Chunky Baked Potato With Cheddar and Bacon Bits. I love thick Soups and this one works! It's thick with nice chunks of Potato, it's 200 calories and 20 net carbs per serving. As always the simplest meals are sometimes the best! For dessert later a Del Monte No Sugar Added Mango Chunk Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment