Sunday, March 3, 2013

Surf (Scallops) and Turf ( 5oz Buffalo Sirloin) w/ Sauteed Mushrooms, Baked Potato...


Today's Menu: Surf (Scallops) and Turf (5 oz Buffalo Sirloin) w/ Sauteed Mushrooms, Baked Potato, and baked Garlic Knot Bread





I had no clue on what to have for dinner tonight, even considered going out for dinner. When I get those urges I just go on line and to the restaurants web site and look at all the calories, carbs, and fat that's in their food and that pretty much squashes that urge to eat out! So I hit some current cooking magazines I had and came across a Scallop dish that looked and sounded too good to pass, Basil - Lime Scallops. With the Scallops I added a Wild Idea Petite 5 oz. Buffalo Sirloin. I had tonight's dinner, Surf (Scallops) and Turf (5 oz Buffalo Sirloin) w/ Sauteed Mushrooms, Baked Potato, and baked Garlic Knot Bread! After eating I'm very glad I stayed home and cooked instead of going out!



To make the Basil - Lime Scallops you'll need; 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Basil, 1 Teaspoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Clove Garlic, minced, 1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, and 8 Jumbo Sea Scallops. I had purchased the Scallops last week at Kroger and had them in the freezer. To prepare them start off by whisking Basil, Lime Juice, Soy Sauce, Olive Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes in a shallow bowl until smooth and well blended. Add Scallops; turn to coat evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook Scallops 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. There are 2 Scallops a serving. You can Garnish with Lime Wedges (Optional). If you need an easy and delicious Scallop recipe you have one here! The marinade is perfect for Scallops, i think it might go good with Shrimp also. There are 92 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 5 carbs per serving, 2 Scallops. The recipe is at the end of the post.



To go along with the Scallops I had a Wild Idea  Buffalo 5 oz. Petite Sirloin Steak, Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms, a Baked Potato, and baked Garlic Knot Bread. As always, as of late, I used a Wild Idea Buffalo as my choice of Bison Steak. I used a 5 oz. Petite Buffalo Sirloin that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried it in Canola Oil, about 4 minutes per side to medium rare. As usual the Buffalo came out sweet, juicy, and just flat out delicious! Thank you Wild Idea! I topped it with some Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms. I also had a Baked Potato and Baked Garlic Knot Bread which is from the Walmart Bakery. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt.


 


Basil - Lime Scallops


Ingredients:

2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Basil
1 Teaspoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/8 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
8 Jumbo Sea Scallops


Directions:


1. Whisk Basil, Lime Juice, Soy Sauce, Olive Oil, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes in a shallow bowl until smooth and well blended. Add Scallops; turn to coat evenly. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minute.

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Cook Scallops 3 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.

3. 2 Scallops a serving. Garnish with Lime Wedges (Optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment