Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice, Carrots, and Whole Grain Bread


Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice, Carrots, and Whole Grain Bread




I had tried for several years to get a prosthetic leg to work but was unsuccessful due to my stub was cut so short. But I'm always checking the news and web sites for new developments on legs. I've now found out through a routine exam and some x-rays it will be impossible for me to wear a prosthetic leg. I had a right hip replacement about 4 or 5 years ago due to arthritis. After doing some checking they found that my left hip is in terrible shape with arthritis. And because my left leg femur bone is cut so short they can't preform a hip replacement and the hip is in such bad shape it would never support the wear and tear of normal use of the leg. So in a wheelchair I'll remain but I'm Cancer Free and able to get around be it by a walker or wheelchair. So life goes on as they say, "The world is what you make of it. If it doesn’t fit you make alterations.” On a more positive note for dinner tonight I prepared; Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Long and Wild Rice, Carrots, and Whole Grain Bread.



I had one Walleye fillet leftover from the Meijer that i had purchased a while back. To prepare it i seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I then rolled it in Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs and pan fried it in Canola Oil about 4 minutes per side, came out golden brown. I just love the taste of Walleye.



To go with my Walleye I prepared Long Grain and Wild Rice, Mini Carrots, and Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. The Rice was Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Rice. It comes in a microwavable Bag, just heat for 90 seconds and serve. I boiled the Mini Carrots, about 20 minutes until fork tender. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Chocolate Swirl Frozen Yogurt Cup.





UNCLE BEN’S® Long Grain & Wild Rice

UNCLE BEN’S® Long Grain & Wild Original Recipe helps make an everyday meal more special. With a unique blend of wild and long grain rice and 23 all natural herbs and seasonings, it is sure to dress up your meal. It's a delicious and trusted family favorite!

Nutritional Claims & Product Benefits:

Cholesterol Free
0g Trans Fat
No Saturated Fat
Excellent Source of Folic Acid


Nutrition Facts
Uncle Ben's Ready Rice - Long Grain and Wild -- Microwave In A Pouch
Servings: 1 Cup  
Calories 190 Sodium 630 mg
Total Fat 2 g Potassium 270 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 39 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 1 g
Trans 0 g Protein 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg


http://www.unclebens.com/?CID=paidsearch

No comments:

Post a Comment