Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fried Crappie w/ Baked Potato, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread


Today's Menu: Fried Crappie w/ Baked Potato, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread



I just got my yearly supply of Lake Okeechobee Crappie, or as they call them there Specks, and the first
bags last week and just couldn't wait no longer to break that second bag out! So easy to fry up and so delicious. Dinner tonight; Fried Crappie w/ Red Potatoes, green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread.




I  seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then rolled each fillet in Italian Bread Crumbs. I lightly fried them in Canola Oil about 3 minutes per side, golden brown. the taste of Crappie is just incredible! I could eat these at every meal. To go with the Crappie I had a Baked Potato that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. For dessert a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Del Monte No Sugar Added Sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment