Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bison Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Cut Green Beans


Today's Menu: Bison Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Cut Green Beans




It was nice enough to get out and have the car washed of all the dirt and salt from winter, still cold out but
sunny. We just seem not to be able to get away from Winter around here. I'm out of my favorite Wild Idea Buffalo Top Sirloin so I went to Kroger and picked up a Great Range Bison Sirloin, which isn't a bad second choice what so ever. For dinner tonight; Bison Sirloin Steak and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Cut Green Beans.




i prepared a 6 oz. Bison Sirloin. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried it in Canola Oil about 4 minutes per side, medium rare. As usual it came tender and bursting with that Bison, or Buffalo if you prefer, fresh and sweet flavor. I topped it with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms.



T o go with the Bison I prepared a Baked Potato that I topped with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I also had heated up a single serving can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Double Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment