Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ocean Perch w/ Potato Pancakes, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread


Today's Menu: Ocean Perch w/ Potato Pancakes, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread




Happy Easter Everyone! Hope you all are having a nice one.  My parents had an dinner invitation so they
went out to eat for dinner. So I didn't want to prepare a big Easter Dinner for one and I wasn't in the mood for Ham or Lamb really. For my dinner I prepared Ocean Perch w/ Potato Pancakes, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread.





I had purchased the Ocean Perch from Meijer's Seafood Department a while back and had them frozen in the freezer. After they thawed I rinsed them with water and patted dry. I seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and Zantarain Creole Seasoning. I pan fried them in Canola Oil about 3 minutes per side. They fried up a nice golden brown and I served them with a new Remoulade Sauce I had purchased, Louisana Remoulade Dressing. And yes I have found the perfect Remoulade Sauce! Love this stuff, I even put a little bit of it on my Potato Pancakes. A really good sauce.



For side dishes I prepared Potato Pancakes, Cut Green Beans, and two slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. I used MANISCHEWITZ Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite Potato Pancake Mix. Just mix with Water, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Egg Beaters, Sea Salt, and Pepper. Fry until golden and your ready! I left the product info and directions at the end of the post. the Green Beans were Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert/snack later some Newman's Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa along with some Tostito's Whole Grain Scoops.




MANISCHEWITZ Potato Pancake Mix

Ingredients
Potatoes ( Contains Sulfites to Maintain Whiteness), Potato Starch, Salt, Onion, Vegetable Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil).

Directions
Makes 18-24 pancakes. You Will Need: Medium bowl, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 cups cold water, vegetable oil, large skillet. 1. Mix: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with a fork until blended. Add 2 1/4 cups cold water and mix well. Stir in the contents of this package. Allow batter to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir. 2. Fry: Drop tablespoons of batter into 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.





Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 3 cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g (1%)
Saturated Fat 0.5g (4%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 500mg (21%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 18g (6%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (9%)

http://www.manischewitz.com/sidesandmixesproducts.html



LOUISIANA Remoulade Dressing

Description: LOUISIANA Remoulade Dressing is typically a cold dressing served with chilled boiled seafood. This dressing combines the perfect blend of soybean oil, horseradish, egg yolks, tomato paste, onion, garlic and other spices. Use it as a dipping sauce for your favorite seafoods or meats


Ingredients soybean oil, horseradish, corn syrup, vinegar, egg yolk, water, tomato paste, spices and flavorings, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, xanthan gum, caramel color, tumeric and less than .1% sodium benzoate added as a preservative.



NUTRITION

Calories 80
Calories from fat 70
Total fat 7
Saturated fat 1
Saturated fat per unit 5
Cholesterol 0
Cholesterol per unit 0
Sodium 100
Sodium per unit 4
Total carbs 2

No comments:

Post a Comment