Sunday, June 3, 2012

Turkey Pot Roast & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Orange - Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas

Dinner Tonight: Turkey Pot roast & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Orange - Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas and Corn Bread.




It's been a very rough 24 hours for me. Any amputee will tell you Phantom Pains are the worst! I've suffered from them ever since I lost my leg. More on that later. Anyway I prepared a very good and hearty meal for dinner. I prepared a Jennie - O Turkey Pot Roast. It's the second time I've had this it's delicious and very easy to prepare. You can microwave or bake it which is the way I prepared it. I baked it at 375 degrees for 1 hour. It came out moist and juicy with great flavor. I made mine into a Pot Roast Sandwich that I topped with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms and French's Spicy Brown Mustard, served on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun.

For a side I tried a new recipe from the Pillsbury web site, Orange-Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas. Sounds good, tastes better! Really a great side dish that would go with anything. The Orange Marmalade makes the perfect glaze and the Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas are the perfect combo. I used Smuckers Sugar Free Orange Marmalade for the glaze. Give this one a try if you want a great side dish. I left the recipe below along with the web link to the recipe at the Pillsbury web site. For dessert later I baked 3 mini loaves of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread, I'll have a slice of that topped with Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream. Time to settle back, enjoy dessert, and watch the new season of The Glades and the new series Longmire on A&E.





Orange-Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas

INGREDIENTS
2  cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
1  cup Green Giant Select® frozen sugar snap peas (from 1-lb bag)
2  tablespoons orange marmalade
1/4  teaspoon salt
 Dash pepper

DIRECTIONS
1 In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Add carrots; return to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until carrots are tender, adding sugar snap peas during last 5 minutes of cook time. Drain; return to saucepan. 2 Stir in marmalade, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until marmalade is melted and vegetables are glazed.
Carrots are well known as a source of vitamin A. Did you know that they are also a good source of fiber?
In lieu of baby carrots, regular carrots can be washed, peeled and cut into coins to measure 2 cups. Check doneness with a fork as they cook.

Nutritional Information
1 Serving (1 Serving)

    Calories 50
        (Calories from Fat 0),

    Total Fat 0g
        (Saturated Fat 0g,
        Trans Fat 0g),
    Cholesterol 0mg;
    Sodium 130mg;
    Total Carbohydrate 10g
        (Dietary Fiber 2g,
        Sugars 6g),
    Protein 1g;

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/orange-glazed-carrots-and-sugar-snap-peas/9b424fe5-4dea-47fa-af76-ea8bb2bb21df

No comments:

Post a Comment