Monday, June 18, 2012

Bread Crumb Crusted Tilapia w/ Smashed New Potatoes, Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and...


Dinner Tonight: Bread Crumb Crusted Tilapia w/ Smashed New Potatoes, Seasoned Blackeye Peas, and Whole Grain Bread



For dinner I fried up some Tilapia fillets that I rolled in Italian Style Bread Crumbs that I had seasoned with Cayenne Pepper, Sea Salt, and Ground Black Pepper. I made sure that the fillets were well coated and fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side. The fillets came out delicious. I love Tilapia! It fries up to a beautiful golden brown and has a fantastic mild taste. Plus it can be used and prepared many ways.

For sides I had a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Blackeye Peas, Smashed New Potatoes, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. To make the Smashed Potatoes I used Green Giant Klondike Petite Gourmet Potatoes. I cut each Potato in quarters. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, Black Peppercorn, Dill, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 20 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix. For dessert later a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread topped with a scoop of Breyer’s Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment