Monday, June 4, 2012

Chicken Soft Tacos

Today's Menu: Chicken Soft Tacos



I had no clue on what to have for dinner tonight so I went shopping at the local Walmart to see what looked good. After hitting a few aisles I came across dinner! I picked up some Old El Paso Soft Tacos, a few cans of Ortega Premium Chunk Chicken Breast with rib meat in Santa Fe style sauce with black beans & corn, Thin Cut Chicken Breasts, and Lettuce. I had Shredded Cheese Sliced Black Olives, Green Chilies, and Taco Sauce already at the house so I was set to have Chicken Tacos for dinner tonight!

I used Harvestland Thin Cut Chicken Breasts. I seasoned them with Morton's Salt Substitute and Ground Black Pepper. I've been trying out The Morton's Salt Substitute here lately. My blood pressure been running a tad high so I've been trying to cut Salt where I can. Anyway back to the Chicken after seasoning it I fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side. Removed them from the heat and sliced them into strips. I then microwaved 1 can of Ortega Premium Chunk Chicken Breast with rib meat in Santa Fe style sauce with black beans & corn and mixed it with the sliced Chicken. A can of this contains enough Chicken by itself but I wanted to add more meat to it.

 With the Chicken ready I heated 2 Old El Paso Soft Tacos, 40 seconds in the microwave and assembled my Tacos. Layered Lettuce, Chicken mixture, Kraft Mexican Cheese, and Topped with Ortega Mild Green Taco Sauce. I don't use this sauce often enough! Just a hint of heat to it and very flavorful. It's made with Green Tomatoes and Tomatillos. Good alternative to normal Taco Sauce. Fantastic Tacos! For me the Mild Green Taco Sauce and the  Ortega Santa Fe style brings everything together and makes some delicious Tacos! I left the info on the Ortega Premium Chunk Chicken Breast with rib meat in Santa Fe style sauce with black beans & corn at the end of the post. For dessert later a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread.



Ortega Premium Chunk Chicken Breast with rib meat in Santa Fe style sauce with black beans & corn

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1/4 Cup

Servings Per Container 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 40     Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g     2%
Saturated Fat 0 g     0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg     5%
Sodium 240 mg     10%
Potassium —     —
Total Carbohydrate 3 g     1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g     4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment