Friday, June 15, 2012

Ground Pork Pesto Burger w/ Baked Crinkle Fries


Dinner Tonight: Ground Pork Pesto Burger w/  Baked Crinkle Fries
Ground

I had a Ground Pork & Pesto Burger along with some Baked Crinkle Fries. The pesto mixed in with the Ground Pork is a perfect match!  I had made up 4 of these and froze 3 of them and kept 1 out for dinner. I used Kroger Brand Ground Pork, 180 calories and 0 carbs. I combined the Ground Pork with Buitoni Pesto w/ Basil and Italian Style Bread Crumbs and mixed by hand until everything was well combined and made it into patties. I fried the Burger in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned it with Morton Salt Substitute and Ground Black Pepper. Itopped it with Sauteed Mushrooms and a slice of Sargento Muenster Cheese and served on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun. The Pesto and Pork are a fantastic pairing! You have to give these a try. I left the recipe at the end of the post. I also had a side of Ore Ida Baked Crinkle Fries. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding.

Ground Pork Burgers
(Makes 4 Burgers)
Ingredients:

1 LB. Ground Pork
1/4 Cup Basil Pesto (You can add more or less to taste)
1/4 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
4 Slices of Smoked Gouda Cheese or Muenster Cheese, Optional
Lettuce, sliced Tomato optional

Instructions:

* In a mixing bowl add your bread crumbs, pesto, and ground pork. Mix together and form into 4 Burgers
* Spray a large skillet and heat on medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Fry the Burgers to your liking, I fried these for about 4 minutes per side.
* Serve on a Bun of your choice (I used Healthy Life Whole Grain Buns). Add Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms, Reduced or Lite Mayo, and a Slice of Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment