Saturday, June 20, 2015

Surf (Pop Corn Shrimp) and Turf 5 oz. Buffalo Top Sirloin

Dinner Tonight: Surf (Pop Corn Shrimp) and Turf 5 oz. Buffalo Top Sirloin




Rain, rain, and more rain! Anywhere from 2" to 3" inches around here and even more South of us.
Started my day off with an Egg Beater's Egg Whites Cheese Omelet. I used Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar for the filling. I also had a couple of Eckrich Smoked Turkey Sausage Links along with my morning cup of Bigelow DeCaf Green Tea. So with all the rain going on outside it was a good day to stay in and get some things done inside. Repaired a drawer in the kitchen and dusted and ran the vacuum. Then outside I did repair a down spout replacing the clamp that kept it in place. For dinner tonight it's Surf (Pop Corn Shrimp) and Turf 5 oz. Buffalo Top Sirloin.





It's a Surf and Turf night here at old homestead! For the Surf part I used my favorite frozen boxed Shrimp, SeaPak. I love all the SeaPak Seafood Products. Easy to prepare and great tasting. To prepare it; arrange the frozen Shrimp in single layer on baking sheet and place on middle rack of oven. Bake the Shrimp on 450 degrees for 11 minutes, turning the shrimp over after 5 minutes. And your done! If you don't have fresh Shrimp this is the way to go.






For the Turf part I'll be using Wild Idea Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (5 oz.). To prepare the Steak; I rubbed the Steak with a 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a small Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 1/2 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had. I also prepared some Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms to go with the Buffalo. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding, only 60 calories and 10 net carbs per cup!





Wild Idea Buffalo – 5 oz. Petite Top Sirloin Steak
Famous for their flavor, these juicy steaks are perfect for the grill. The small size makes for a great meal for one. 5 oz.


http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/premium-steaks/products/petite-top-sirloin-steaks






SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp

America’s #1-selling Popcorn Shrimp are great for kids and adults looking for a tasty trip to the coast. These tender, whole, tail-off Popcorn Shrimp are coated with a crisp, Panko breading and come ready to bake. Available in 12-ounce and 20-ounce packages.

- Keep frozen until ready to prepare.
- Due to differences in appliances, cooking times may vary and require adjustment.
- Microwaving not recommended.
- For food safety this product must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F
- Caution - Product will be hot!

http://seapak.com/products/popcorn-shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment