Saturday, June 27, 2015

Colombian Flat-Iron Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Mini Carrots, and...

Dinner Tonight: Colombian Flat-Iron Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Mini Carrots, and Baked Bread




Started my day off with a light Breakfast. I had a Healthy Life whole Grain English Muffin topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light along with a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Spent some of the afternoon repairing a kitchen drawer, the runner bracket that drawer slids on broke. Did a few other things in and around the house for my day. For dinner tonight I prepared a Colombian Flat-Iron Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Mini Carrots, and Baked Bread.





This is a new Buffalo Steak from Wild Idea Buffalo, 8 oz. Colombian Flat-Iron Steak. The Steak is a
“Colombian Style” marinade Steak. The marinade consists of; Worcestershire. Organic: Lime Juice, Sea Salt, Green Onion, Oregano, Cumin, and Red Pepper. I had it in the freezer so I laid it out in the
fridge overnight to thaw. So to prepare it I got the Cast Iron Skillet out. Sprayed a shot of Pam on it
and a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heated it up on medium heat. I seasoned it the Steak with just a bit of McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley and when the Skillet was heated I started frying. I cooked it for 3 minutes a side, and it came out a perfect medium rare. Buffalo cooks up so quickly because it’s so lean, you have to keep an eye on it so not to get it over done. I also made some  Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms. So I sliced them up, seasoned them with Sea Salt, Roasted Cumin, and Dried Thyme and added them to the same Skillet as the Buffalo. The Colombian Style Marinade is incredible! Slicing this Steak up for a Fajita would be perfect also! The Steak as usual was so tender and flavorful. Had half the Steak left so I’ll have the other half at lunch tomorrow as a Steak Sandwich. Great addition to Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks.


For one side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. A combination of two of my favorite Vegetables all in one can! Then I also boiled some Mini Carrots. The big 3 of Vegetables for me. Then I also baked a Multi-Grain Batard Loaf of Bread. For dessert/snack  later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.



Wild Idea Buffalo – 8 oz. Colombian Flat-Iron Steak

Flat Iron steaks have long been a favorite for chefs. We’ve made this popular steakhouse cut even
better with our “Colombian Style” marinade. We think this Colombian Style marinade compliments the rich, sweet flavor of our 100% grass-fed bison steak. Simply remove from the package, shake off the excess marinade, and grill over a high heat for 2 minutes per side. You’re going to love this steak!

Ingredients: Grass-Fed Buffalo, Beer, Worcestershire. Organic: Lime Juice, Sea Salt, Green Onion, Oregano, Cumin, Red Pepper.



http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/a-la-carte/products/8-oz-colombian-flat-iron-steak

No comments:

Post a Comment