Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Fried Freshwater Shrimp w/ Mac and Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Fried Freshwater Shrimp w/ Mac and Cheese




To start my morning off I made some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, Heated up some Meijer Diced Ham, fried an Egg Sunnyside Up, made a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. I made a bed of the Hashbrowns in a bow and sprinkled some Sargento Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Next I put the Diced Ham over top the Hash Browns then put the Sunnyside Up Egg on to top it off. It snowed overnight and into the morning here. We ended up with over 3 inches. So not much going on outside today. And not going on inside. I was caught up on everything so it a was layed back day today. For Dinner tonight it’s Fried Freshwater Shrimp w/ Mac and Cheese.



While at Kroger yesterday I picked up some of the huge Freshwater Colossal Shrimp, I cleaned them and put them in the fridge until needed for Dinner tonight. I love these, they are so meaty. They don't have that Ocean taste like Ocean Shrimp but they're not bad. To prepare these I’m using McCormick Golden Dipt Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix.









Poured about 1 inch of Extra Light Olive Oil into large skillet. Heated the oil to 350°F on medium heat. I then took a 1/2 cup of the Cracker Meal Mix in a Hefty Zip Lock Plastic Bag. Take the peeled shrimp, 3 at a time and place them in the bag and shake until Shrimp had a nice coating on them. Had all the Shrimp coated I then began to fry them. Frying them about 3 minutes the shrimp, a few pieces at a time, in the hot oil until light golden brown turning after 1 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towel lined plate . Love using the McCormick Cracker Meal Mix, nice light crust and seasoning.




To go with the Shrimp I prepared some Stouffer’s Classic Mac and Cheese Cups. just microwave and
serve. A great tasting Mac and Cheese in a single serving cup! Tastes great, excellent Cheesy Mac. I baked a loaf of La Brea Bakery Multi Grain Bread. For Dessert/Snack later some sliced Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Whole Grain Saltine Crackers.












Stouffer’s Classic Mac and Cheese Mac Cups

Freshly made pasta with 100% real cheddar cheese sauce

Stouffer’s Classic Mac and Cheese Mac Cups are just the right size of delicious

Stouffer’s Classic Mac and Cheese Mac Cups:
* 100% real cheddar cheese
* No preservatives
* Stouffer’s in a cup
http://www.stouffers.com/products/detail.aspx?id=11406&c=0

No comments:

Post a Comment