Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Bacon Double Cheddar Chicken Sandwich w/ Tater Tots


Dinner Tonight: Bacon Double Cheddar Chicken Sandwich w/ Tater Tots





For Breakfast I had a bowl of Cherrio's along with a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast I headed to the local Kroger up the road. Needed a few things for tonight's Dinner. Usually
when I go early to Kroger there's hardly anyone there. But not today, I forgot it was Valentine's Day! I was luck to find a handicap parking space, someone happened to be pulling out and they left their electric cart out also. Kroger made a fortune on Cars, Flowers, and Candy sales! I got what I needed and headed back home. I'm glad I did go early though as it started pouring the rain as I got back home. Not much else going on today. I did put a Pork Loin Roast in the Crock Pot and let it cook on low for 7 hours for tomorrow's Dinner. For my Dinner tonight I prepared a Bacon Double Cheddar Chicken Sandwich w/ Tater Tots.



I purchased a package of Tyson Thin Cut Boneless Chicken Breasts at Kroger. I'll also need the following to make the Dish; al fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon, Boar's Head Deli Sliced Yellow Cheddar and White Cheddar Cheese, Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce, Lettuce, and Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Mini Sub Buns.









I first fried the al fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon. I started by grabbing a skillet and spraying it with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and heating it on medium heat. This Bacon fries up perfect with an excellent taste. I buy it at Meijer, it’s the only store I’ve found to carry it. I need to 2 slices but fried up 5 slices. Always remember when frying Bacon use Bacon Math. Just decide how many slices you’ll need and double it or so. Because, at least when I fry Bacon, you end up eating as much as you fix as you’re preparing it!







Next I fried the Thin Cut Chicken Breasts. I'm using the Tyson Thin Cut Boneless Chicken Breasts. I got a large skillet that I sprayed with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. I then heated the skillet on medium heat. I seasoned the Chicken with Morton's Lite
Salt and Ground Pepper. Then rolled the Chicken in seasoned Flour. I had seasoned the Flour with Ground Smoked Paprika. With the skillet heated I added the Chicken. I fried it 2 minutes and flipped it over and cooked it another 2 minutes and flipped it back again. Cooked it until the Chicken had an internal temperature of 165°. Cooked it a total of 15 minutes. With about 1 minute or so of cooking time left I topped the Chicken Breasts with a slice of Yellow and slice of White Cheddar Cheese. The Chicken came out perfect. Nice browning on the outside moist and juicy inside, and the Cheese melted beautifully! 




As my Chicken was cooking I preheated the oven on 425° to bake some Tater Tots.I used Ore Ida Golden Tater Tots. Just bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes and done! The Tater Tots come out golden brown and delicious! I served them with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. 











As the Tater Tots were finishing up I made my Sandwich. I got the Mini Sub Buns and took the bottom half and put Lettuce down, added the Chicken Breast, topped that with the Jack Daniel's BBQ Sauce, the Bacon, and the top half of the Sub Bun. Quite a sandwich! I'll have to start having this more often! With the Tater Tots it came out one delicious Dinner! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple.












Boar’s Head Vermont Cheddar Cheese

Crafted in the Green Mountain state with whole milk sourced from regional family dairy farms, this classic cheese has a mild flavor and creamy texture. Vermont Cheddar skewered with seedless grapes and Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey makes an elegant kabob-style appetizer.


No comments:

Post a Comment