Monday, February 12, 2018

Sliced Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and Whole Grain Rotini

Dinner Tonight: Sliced Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and Whole Grain Rotini






For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Today is my Mom's 90th Birthday! So, So lucky to have my Mom around all this time! After Breakfast I went to Kroger to pick up a Birthday Cake and Flowers for her and stopped by McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for her and Dad. Not a bad day out, sunny and a high of 40 degrees. Swept of the driveway and wooden deck outside. After Lunch did some house cleaning and a load of laundry. For Dinner tonight I prepared Sliced Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage and Whole Grain Rotini.





For the Sausage I'm using a favorite of mine, Jennie - O Turkey Sweet Italian Sausages. I love these
about anyway I can prepare them. And tonight I'll be slicing them up and using them with Pasta.












To prepare the Sausage I took a large skillet, sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray, added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil, and preheated the skillet on medium heat. I kept the Sausage
Links whole to keep all the juices in, I'll slice them after they have been cooked. With the skillet heated I added 3 of the Sausages and covered the pan with the lid. I cooked them for 16 minutes, turning them frequently. After 16 minutes I checked one of the Sausages with a meat thermometer and it was at 164 degrees. Always be sure Turkey is at 165 degrees before eating. I let the Sausages cool for 3 minutes and sliced them into bite size pieces and set them aside until I was ready to add them to the Pasta, which I had already started to boil.





For the Rotini Pasta I'm using my favorite, Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Rotini. Easy to
prepare; I used a large sauce pan and added 1 1/2 quarts of water and Salt and brought it to a rapid boil. Added the Pasta and brought it back to a boil. Cooked uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often. Drained the Pasta and added it to a large bowl.










Seasoned it with 2 teaspoons of Extra Light Olive Oil, some McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning, Kraft Grated Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese, and topped it with LaRosa Sauce. Added the sliced Jennie - O Sweet Italian Sausages and stirred until well mixed. Served it in a bowl and topped it with a sprinkle of the Parm Cheese and some Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. I also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.











Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Rotini 100% Whole Grain

Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Rotini 100% Whole Grain. Since 1915. This is 100% all natural and made from a single ingredient, 100% whole wheat. With an excellent source of fiber, it is an important part of a heart healthy* diet. Its delicious flavor is the perfect complement to your favorite pasta recipes.

* Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Rotini 100% Whole Grain.
* Since 1915.
All natural.
* 56g whole grains per serving.
* Excellent source of fiber.
* 100% Whole Grain When it comes to nutrition, why settle for less than 100%?
* Ronzoni healthy harvest pasta is 100% all natural and made from a single ingredient, 100% whole wheat.
* With an excellent source of fiber and 56g of whole grains per serving, it is an important part of a heart healthy* diet.     

Directions:
Instructions: See perfect pasta guide for quantities and cook times.Bring water to a rapid boil. To add flavor and reduce stickiness, add salt.Add pasta and stir; return to rapid boil.Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally.Drain well. Serve as desired.Maintaining perfect pasta.To keep cooked pasta fresh for later use, toss with a small amount of olive oil or sauce, and refrigerate.Perfect pasta guide.Servings - 2. Pasta - 1/3 box. Water - 2 quarts. Salt - 1 tsp.Servings - 3. Pasta - 1/2 box. Water - 3 quarts. Salt - 2 tsp.Servings - full box. Water - 5 quarts. Salt - 1 Tbsp.Very firm 8 min - firm 9 min - tender 10 min.To keep cooked pasta fresh for later use, toss with a small amount of olive oil or sauce, and refrigerate.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size56.0
Servings Per Container6
Amount Per Serving
Calories180 Calories
Calories From Fat15 Calories
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.5 g2
Saturated Fat 0 G0
Trans Fat 0 G
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 G
Monounsaturated Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg0
Sodium 0 Mg0
Potassium 240 Mg7
Total Carbohydrate 39 g13
Dietary Fiber 5 G20
Sugars 2 G
Protein 9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment