Sunday, February 4, 2018

Chicken Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Cheese Buffalo Buff Burger w/ Baked Fries

Today's Menu: Chicken Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Cheese Buffalo Buff Burger w/ Baked Fries






To start my Sunday morning off I Scrambled a couple of Eggs, fried a couple of slices of al fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon, toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Good start to a dreary Sunday Morning. Outside it's a mix of light rain and snow and like this most of the day. We need some sunshine above freezing weather! Gave Mom a hand with a couple of loads of laundry. After Lunch I laid back down for a while. I've had a Sinus Headache since yesterday. Not much else going on. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Chicken Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Cheese Buffalo Buff Burger w/ Baked Fries.



I started by grabbing a skillet and spraying it with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and heating it on medium heat. For the Bacon I'm using al fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon. If you've never tried this Bacon you need to give it a try. It fries up perfect with an excellent taste. I buy it at Meijer, it's the only store I've found to carry it. I need to 2 slices but fried up 5 slices. Always remember when frying Bacon use Bacon Math. Just decide how many slices you’ll need and double it or so. Because, at least when I fry Bacon, you end up eating as much as you fix as you’re preparing it!




For Dinner tonight I'm having a Wild Idea Buffalo Burger but not my normal 1/3 lb. Buffalo Burger. I'm having the Wild Idea Buffalo Buff Burgers. I've these several times but usually I have them for Lunch. The Buff Burger is a 6 oz., seasoned, handcrafted Buffalo Burger.












Next I sprayed another skillet with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray, added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated it on medium low heat. I then fried it about 3 1/2 minutes per side. After flipping the Burger I added a slice of Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar with about 1 minute of cook time left. Topped with the Chicken Bacon and served the Burger on a Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. The Burger was juicy and delicious as all the Wild Idea Burgers are. I love buffalo or Bison if you prefer.





For the Cheese I used Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar. I tried a sample of it at Kroger and really loved the taste. First time trying it. It melted perfectly and has an excellent Cheddar taste. I'll have to buy some more of this.












To go with my Burger I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes.
They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For Dessert/Snack later, while watching the Super Bowl, a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.










Wild Idea Buffalo - Buff Burgers
Get your buff on with our premium, 95% lean, 100% grass-fed buffalo meat! We season the meat to
perfection, handcraft each burger into a 6 oz. portion and then wrap them individually for your convenience and come in (you guessed it) a 6 - Pack!

Eating healthfully without compromising any of the juicy goodness just got a whole lot easier! These burgers taste so good on their own - you might want to eat them naked!
Warning, extra napkins may be needed.

 6 - 6 oz. BUFF Burgers per package.

Ingredients: 100% Grass-fed/finished Buffalo, Sea Salt, Organic & Non-GMO: Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Ketchup, Thyme, and Mustard. All ingredients are gluten free.
https://wildideabuffalo.com/collections/premium-ground-bison-burgers/products/the-buff-burger-6-6oz






Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar Cheese
Crafted in the Green Mountain state with whole milk sourced from regional family dairy farms, this classic cheese has a mild flavor and creamy texture. Vermont Cheddar skewered with seedless grapes and Boar’s Head Ovengold Turkey makes an elegant kabob-style appetizer.
https://boarshead.com/products/cheese/15012-pre-cut-vermont-cheddar-cheese-white

No comments:

Post a Comment