Thursday, February 15, 2018

Crock Pot - Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Italian Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot - Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Italian Green Beans






I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. I wanted to go to Walmart, so when going there the earlier the better. If you don't go early and you rely on the mobility electric carts you won't get one or it will not be charged up. They have very few. Our Church is helping some low - income families and I purchased some plate settings, cutlery trays with the  cutlery, dish towels, pot holders, and 3 piece skillet sets. I love helping others if I'm able to! Another reason I went early was I wanted to beat the rains moving in for the afternoon. For Dinner tonight Crock Pot - Boneless Pork Loin Roast w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Cut Italian Green Beans




I purchased the Pork Loin Roast from Kroger yesterday and had it in the fridge. This morning got it out of the fridge and Seasoned it with Morton's Lite Salt and Fat Boy All Natural BBQ Steak Rub. Rubbed the Seasoning on all sides of the Roast and let it sit for 10 minutes.











As the Roast sat I got the Crock Pot ready. I lined the Crock Pot with a Crock Pot Liner. Then sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and then added a 1/3 of a cup of Water. I then turned the Crock Pot on low to heat up. After 10 minutes I added the Roast to the Crock Pot. That's when I added the Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce. I added about a 1/2 bottle of it across the top of the Roast. Cover and cooked on low for 7 hours. Always check the temperature of the roast before removing. An instant-read thermometer should register at least 145 F. If overcooked, the pork can become dry and could be difficult to slice or shred.




At the end of 7 hours the Roast was ready. Just by opening the lid I could tell right away this was going to be a good one! Removed it from the Crock Pot and it was already falling apart, very good sign. I started shredding it and it was just falling apart. The Roast was so tender and flavorful! This turned out to be the best Roast I think I have ever prepared. Mom agreed, she loved it! I served it on Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Buns. We topped it with a bit more BBQ Sauce. One DELICIOUS Sandwich!






I made a couple of sides Roasted Butternut Squash and Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. For the
Butternut Squash;  I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Crumbled Bacon Bits, 1 tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.






To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the
Olive Oil, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash.








Next I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty the can into a
small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans of any kind every day and never get tired of having them. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free dark Chocolate Pudding.













Jack Daniel’s® Honey Smokehouse™

Known for its attention to detail and unrelenting quality, Jack Daniel’s® slow cooks its Honey
Smokehouse™ Barbecue Sauce using a blend of real honey and spices to ensure the perfect balance of sweet smokey flavor for all your grilling and baking occasions. Brush on meat during last 10 to 15 minutes of cooking for delicious flavor.

http://www.jackdanielssauces.com/bbq/bbq_products.aspx   

No comments:

Post a Comment