Saturday, April 1, 2017

Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza

Dinner Tonight: Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza





For Breakfast on this 1st day of April I had a Poached Egg that I served on a Healthy Life Whole
Grain English Muffin. They moved Dad from the hospital back over to the Rehab Center he was just at last week. They are going to try more therapy and if that doesn't work he will have to stay in an assisted living center, hope it doesn't come to that. So after Breakfast I went to Kroger and picked up a few snacks that Dad likes. Then after Lunch I went on over to see Dad. Back home took it easy and watched a few shows that I had recorded. For my dinner tonight I’m preparing a Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza.





While at Jungle Jim’s Market the other day I picked up a package of Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread. I had used these once before and really liked the way they came out. It’s pregrilled so it’s ready to eat or reheat. What I liked about it was they were the perfect size to make mini Pizzas with, plus they’re only 140 calories and 24 net carbs for a whole one (one serving)!








To make the Pizzas I’ll need; the Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread, Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Johnsonville Turkey Sausage Links, Sliced Black and Green Olives, Ragu Pizza Sauce, Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.










To prepare it I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. The Johnsonville Turkey Sausage is
precooked so all I had to do was heat up in a small skillet for 5 minutes on medium heat. Removed from the heat and sliced the Links up into small bite pieces. I then got a small baking sheet and lined it with foil and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. I then took one of the Flatbreads and brushed a very light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the top of them.






Next I made my Pizza! I started by spreading 2 tablespoons of the Ragu Pizza Sauce across the top of the Flatbread. Then added the sliced Olives, Turkey sausage, Mozzarella Cheese, and topped it all with Turkey Pepperoni. Then I made a second one the same way. Laid the Flatbreads on the baking sheet and put it in the oven. I baked them for about 8 minutes, until the Cheese was melted and all items heated through.









The Flatbread provides a perfect Crust (Pizza Pie). It browned up great and had a fantastic flavor with a nice crunch! I’ll have to try different toppings, like Ham or Chicken, using the Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread. I’ve found a good Pizza Pie Crust and it's only 140 calories per serving! For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.







Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread

A mini oval flatbread (6”x4”) that is pre-grilled for your convenience. Ideal for the breadbasket, may be cut into wedges or strips for dips or spreads. ‘Hand stretched for fluffiness™’ from individual dough balls, contains no Trans Fat, and is 100% Vegetarian.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Flatbread (48g)
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 22.5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 3.85%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2.5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 220mg 9.17%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8.33%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 2g
Protein 5g
http://www.kontos.com/product/pre-grilled-mini-oval-flatbread/

No comments:

Post a Comment