Sunday, March 16, 2014

Buffalo Flat Iron Steak w/ Baked Potato and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Flat Iron Steak w/ Baked Potato and Green Beans








It's been one cold and windy day out today, a high in the 30's and wind chill in the teens. As for me I'm almost back up to 100% after the sinus infection fight. I'll be able to get out and visit my Dad at the rehab center tomorrow, finally. He's still real weak but making progress. For dinner tonight a Wild Idea Buffalo Cut I haven't tried until tonight, the Wild Idea Buffalo 8 oz. Flat-Iron Steak. Dinner tonight I prepared a Buffalo Flat Iron Steak w/ Baked Potato and Green Beans.








I had placed an order with Wild idea Buffalo a couple of weeks ago and had everything in the freezer. I had bought several Buffalo steaks and one being a Buffalo 8 oz. Flat-Iron Steak. I had plenty of Flat Iron Steaks (Beef) before but not a Buffalo Flat-Iron Steak until tonight! I left in the fridge overnight to thaw. It's a beautiful, lean, cut of Buffalo. I started by rubbing it with a light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoning it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried it in a Cast Iron Skillet on medium high heat for about 3 1/2  minutes per side. Came out a perfect medium rare, nice outside char with a moist and juicy pink center! I'm going to have to keep the Buffalo Flat Iron Steaks in stock also! This was an awesome tasting Steak! A huge difference between the Beef Flat iron Steaks and Buffalo Flat Iron Steaks is how much more tender the Buffalo is. At times Flat iron Beef can be tough, not the Wild Idea Buffalo Flat Irons.








For a side for the Steak I had a Baked Potato, that I topped with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I also heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn while watching The Amazing Race.









Wild Idea Buffalo 8 oz. Flat-Iron Steak
We carefully fillet our flat-irons from the upper blade of the chuck.  A favorite on restaurant menus. 8 oz.



http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/a-la-carte/products/flat-iron-steaks

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete