Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baked Pork Chops w/ Herb Seasoned Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Baked Pork Chops w/ Herb Seasoned Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans







You might know I'm missing being outside on 2 of our warmest days of the year so far. Still battling a Sinus infection, so it was another day of the Bed and Remote! Gorgeous day out though, sunny and low 60's. But starting tonight a cold front is moving in and by Thursday Morning a low in the teens and a high of 35. Warming up again by Friday though. My Dad is still in the hospital with pneumonia, somewhat better today though. So for dinner it was just me and Mom and I prepared us a Baked Pork Chops w/ Herb Seasoned Red Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.








While at Costco yesterday I picked up a package of their Pork Loin Chops. Costco has some of the finest meats around and the Pork Chops are right there with some of the best! I started by marinating them in J B’s Fat Boy’s Haugwash Barbcue Sauce. Just the name Fat Boy’s Haugwash makes my mouth water! If you’ve never tried any of their Rubs or Sauces you got to give them a try! The best I’ve ever had, bar none. Wish it was a little lower in calories and carbs but it’s worth cutting back on other things to fit this in the dinner. Anyway I marinated the Chops in the Sauce and refrigerated it for 4 hours. I removed the chops from the fridge and shook off any excess of the sauce and then seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Black Peppercorn. I then pan fried the Chops in a Cast Iron Skillet, browning both sides then baked the Chops at 400 degrees for 20 minutes flipping the Chops over after 10 minutes, internal temperature was at 150 degrees. They came out moist, tender, and delicious!








For the Red Potatoes I needed 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon minced fresh or Dried Rosemary, 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme, 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt, and 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper. I combined all ingredients in a large bowl and tossed to coat potatoes. Transfer potatoes to a shallow roasting pan. Roasted for about 30 minutes, until tender and golden. I baked them at 400 degrees, same as the Pork Chops so I was able to bake them with the Chops at the same time. I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans along with a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert/snack later, slices of Cracker Barrel 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment