Sunday, August 15, 2010

Start the day off right with a......



...Big Breakfast! Big doesn't have to mean big in carbs though. My Breakfast's range from cereal and fruit to eggs, toast , waffles and so on. There are times I like to start of with a Big Breakfast. Mine consists of Pancakes and Bacon.

I use New Hope Mills Pancake and waffle Mix, great for people with Diabetes2! There are 200 calories in 4 pancakes, I usually only have 3, and 6, yes I said 6, carbs in 4 pancakes! For the syrup I use Joseph's Maple Flavor Sugar Free Syrup, 1/4 cup is 35 calories and a low 9 carbs. I don't use anyways near a 1/4 cup. I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light which is only 50 calories and 0 carbs per tablespoon. Then to top it off I use Oscar Mayer 50% Less Fat Turkey Bacon which is 35 calories and 0 carbs per slice and I usually have 3 - 4 slices. The Turkey Bacon has 3g of fat, 0g Trans Fat and 15mg Cholesterol per serving!

So having Diabetes2 or not you can still enjoy a good and filling breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment