Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Cake Mix and Icing


Having Diabetes2 I always have to watch what I eat. There are times I crave a Chocolate Cake and when I do I use Pillsbury's Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Devil's Food Cake Mix and the Reduced Sugar Chocolate Icing. I only make this about every 6 months but it always takes care of that craving. Just follow the directions and it's super easy to make. To cut the cholesterol I use Egg Beaters. I also use Extra Virgin Olive Oil instead of Crisco Oil and as the cake mix is blending in the mixer I add 2 Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Snack Cups. Adding this will give you one of the most moist cakes you'll ever have!

As with any other reduced sugar product, diabetics cannot simply eat all they want because it's low in sugar. But, this item does contain 50% less sugar than the regular cake mix. This means that diabetics can at least enjoy a small portion of the dessert. A serving is 1/12 of the dessert and contains 10 grams of sugar. The product is also lower in fat and calories having 3 grams of fat and 160 calories, compared to a regular cake mix which has slightly more (3.5 grams of fat and 170 calories). Thank you Pillsbury!

No comments:

Post a Comment