Sunday, March 10, 2019

Garlic-Herb Linguine w/ Argentinean Red Shrimp

Dinner Tonight: Garlic-Herb Linguine w/ Argentinean Red Shrimp





To start my Sunday Morning off I had Glier's Turkey Goetta and Hash Browns. It had been a while since I've had Turkey Goetta. I picked up a roll of it at Kroger the other day. I sat it in the freezer after I got up for 30 minutes. Reason being is that it slices a lot better and stays together when sliced as a
patty. I fried a couple of slices up in a small skillet that I sprayed with Pam Non Stick Spray, fried until both sides were golden brown. Then I also prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. When  done I sprinkled it with Sargento Off the Block Sharp Cheddar. The Goetta goes great with Hash Browns! Cloudy, windy, and 48 degrees out today. After Breakfast I went to McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom. She loves those Golden Arches Breakfasts! Mom went on to Church afterward. I did a couple of loads of laundry and cleaned the house today. For Dinner tonight I tried Argentinean Red Shrimp for the first time. I prepared Garlic-Herb Linguine w/ Argentinean Red Shrimp.


I purchased a frozen bag of Private Selection Antarctic Wild Caught Argentinean Red Shrimp at Kroger last week and couldn't wait to try it! They come peeled and deveined. The description for Red Shrimp reads; Private Selection Antarctic Wild Caught Argentinean Red Shrimp are native to the antarctic waters off the coast of Argentinian and are prized for their succulent and buttery lobster-like taste and texture. There's 90 calories in a serving of 6 Shrimp.





To prepare the Shrimp I got a large skillet, sprayed it with Pam and added 1 table spoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and a pat of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Heated the skillet on medium heat. I seasoned the Shrimp with Old Bay Seasoning. Old Bay is perfect for all Seafood and Chicken. When the Skillet was heated and ready I added the Shrimp. Cooked them for 4 minutes, turning them over after 2 minutes. And done! They fried up easy and they have an excellent flavor to them. And they are a lot like Lobster! I'll be using these again.



As the Shrimp was cooking I prepared the Barilla Whole Grain Linguine. I brought a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cooked the Linguine at a boil until tender, about 11 minutes; drain and transferred pasta to a large bowl.Then I mixed melted Butter, minced Garlic, and Parsley in a small bowl;  and drizzled over the Linguine and toss to coat. Season Pasta with seasoned Sea Salt.






 To make the Dish I made a bed of the Linguine in a bowl. Topped it with the Red Shrimp with a
sprinkle of Kraft Grated Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese. The Red Shrimp is so good and works perfect with Linguine! I had also baked a loaf of La Baguetterie Roasted Garlic Oval Bread that I got from Meijer. I love Shrimp and Pasta! For Dessert later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.










Barilla Whole Grain Linguine

Made with one simple ingredient, whole grain durum wheat flour, Barilla® Whole Grain Linguine is an excellent source of fiber. This pasta is ideal for anyone seeking to increase their intake of fiber and whole grains without sacrificing taste.

Barilla Whole Grain pasta is made with non-GMO ingredients. For more information, please read our position.

Linguine is made from long, flat strands of pasta, but is thin and narrow. Linguine, which means “little tongues” in Italian, originated in the Liguria region of Italy. Barilla Whole Grain Linguine cooks up perfectly al dente everytime, delivering the delicious taste and texture you expect in every bite.

BENEFITS
* Made with 100% Whole Wheat
* Good source of Fiber
* Delicious taste and texture
https://www.barilla.com/en-us/products/pasta/whole-grain/whole-grain-linguine

No comments:

Post a Comment