Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Crispy Pan Fried Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice

Dinner Tonight: Crispy Pan Fried Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice





To start this Tuesday off I had one of favorites, French Toast and Turkey Sausage Links. For the
French Toast I used Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, 1/2 cup of 2% Milk, 1 medium Egg,
Ground Nut Meg, Ground Cinnamon, and Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Mix the Milk, Egg and Spices together in a bowl and dip the Bread in mixture. Fry until each side is golden brown. For the Sausage I used Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast sausage Links. Just fry for 8 minutes and done. For the Syrup topping I used Log Cabin Sugar Free Maple Syrup. Oh how I love French Toast! It's 50 degrees and partly sunny out today. Ran a couple of errands and stopped by Meijer for a few items. Back home I was all caught up on everything and just took it easy. For Dinner tonight its Crispy Pan Fried Tilapia w/ Long Grain and Wild Rice.


I purchased the Tilapia while at Meijer earlier. I purchased 2 big and beautiful fillets of the Tilapia,
having 1 for Dinner and froze the other one. I also bought a Red Snapper Fillet. So I had already rinsed the fillet in cold water and had it in plastic bag the fridge. To prepare it I’ll need; the Tilapia, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, and Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri. To start I heated Extra Light Olive Oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet was ready I cooked the Tilapia until Golden Brown, about 3 minutes per side. I had not had Tilapia in a while and it tasted great! Moist with that excellent Zatarain's Seasoning.


I also prepared a packet of Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Long Grain and Wild. It comes in a microwavable bag. I microwaved it for 90 seconds and done! I guess my favorite among the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, all though I love using them all. An easy to fix item, just microwave for 90 seconds and it’s ready. I love Rice and it pairs with Fish perfect. Also had a slice of Aunt Millie’s Light Whole Grain Bread that I lightly buttered with I Can’t Believe It’s Butter.










UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Long Grain and Wild

The rice that’s always ready to enjoy. Now, you can have our original delicious Long Grain & Wild Rice recipe with 23 herbs and seasonings in just 90 seconds. This microwaveable pouch also
eliminates prep and cleanup. UNCLE BEN’S®. ‘Perfect Every Time’®.

Nutritional Claims & Product Benefits:Uncle Ben’s Long-Grain-Wild
* Good Source of Folic Acid
* Good source of iron
* 0 g Trans Fats & No Saturated Fat

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Squeeze pouch to separate rice.
Tear to vent.
Heat on HIGH for 90 seconds.
Cooking time for 2 pouches – 2 ½ minutes. Microwave times may vary. Take care when handling and opening the hot pouch. Refrigerate unused portion.

In the Skillet
Gently squeeze the sides of the pouch to break apart the rice, and pour contents into a skillet. Add 2 Tbsp. of water and heat.
Stir rice occasionally until heated thoroughly.
Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (125 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 190
Calories from Fat 18
Total Fat 2.0g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 630mg 26%
Carbohydrates 39.0g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8%
Sugars 1.0g
Protein 5.0g
http://www.unclebens.com/Products/Ready-Rice/Uncle-Ben-s-reg;-Long-Grain-Wild#.UhpZ6hvOk20



Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri

The secret of authentic Southern style fried fish is the crispy combination of cornmeal, corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Amount Per Serving % Daily ValueZatarain’s Crispy Southeren Fish Fri
Calories: 60
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 630mg 26%
Total Carb: 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0 0%
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 1g
Vitamin A: 2%
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Crispy-Southern

No comments:

Post a Comment