Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Fries










No Breakfast this morning . I had to be at my Family Doctor for my 4 month checks of Sugar, Cholesterol, and such. I'll get the results next week, hopefully all good! Afterward I needed a few things from the West Chester Meijer and then I took Mom to Kroger to let her shop. Back home did a few chores around the house. For Dinner tonight I prepared Panko-Crusted Fish Sandwich and Baked Fries.




I had a Cod Fillet in the freezer that I had purchased from Kroger. I laid it in the fridge overnight to thaw. I had washed them off in cold water and sliced them into Sandwich size Fillets before I froze them.












To prepare the Cod I rinsed the fillet off with cold water and patted dry. Then seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Combined flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder. Then pressed both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour. Dipped the floured fillets into the Paprika seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off. Placed the fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs, and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered. Meanwhile, heated the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet and placed the fillets in and cooked 3 minutes each side. Served on a Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun. I love making Fish Sandwiches with Cod and the Panko Bread Crumbs. Cod cooks up great no matter how you prepare it. Plus it’s a very meaty Fish which makes for one excellent Fish Sandwich.


For my Fries I’m using my favorite, Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with
McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. It’s an easy prepared but hot and filling meal. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.









Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich

Ingredients:

(4) 4oz. Cod Fillets
1c. Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp. Onion Powder
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Light Olive Oil

Directions:

* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment