Thursday, April 4, 2019

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich w/ Italian Pasta Salad




I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. I didn't want anything too heavy I had to be at the Hospital for a EMG/Nerve test at 8:30 this morning. They want to make sure my Diabetes 2 isn't creating any nerve damage. I also had blood work done. Beautiful day out today, mostly sunny and 65 degrees. Got the cart out and did some yard work and later took a spin in the cart around the neighborhood. So good to be able to get out again without having to bundle up! For Dinner tonight its a Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich w/ Italian Pasta Salad.



To make my Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich I’ll be using; French’s Spicy Brown Mustard, Boar’s Head Top Round Pastrami, Boar's Head Swiss Cheese, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, and Klosterman Rye Bread to make my Sandwich.









To prepare it I started by buttering the outside half of a slice of the Rye Bread. Next spread the Mayo on the bottom slice of Bread, next layered the Pastrami, spread the Brown Mustard, and added a slice of the Swiss. Added my top half of the sliced bread, buttering the outside of the slice. I then got out a large skillet, heated it up on medium heat and lightly coated it with a 1/2 pat of Butter. When the Butter was melted I added my sandwich. Grilled it on both sides until it was golden brown and the Swiss Cheese melted. Love these Grilled Sandwiches!



To go with my Grilled Sandwich I had prepared some Italian Pasta Salad, made about noon today. A Light and tasty dish that includes Ronzoni Smart Taste Rotini Pasta, Black Olives, Green Olives, Kalamata Olives, Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Anchovy Paste, Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, Kraft Zesty Italian Fat Free Dressing, McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning, and topped with Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese. Boiled the Pasta according to the box and added all the ingredients and tossed until well mixed. Then refrigerated until ready to use. Really enjoyed the Dinner tonight of a Grilled Pastrami and Swiss Sandwich along with some Italian Pasta Salad. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.



Boar's Head Cap-Off Top Round Pastrami

This hand-trimmed top round is rich and smokey and is generously coated with spices, including black pepper, ginger, cloves and coriander, then patiently smoked.  Boar's Head Top Round Pastrami is bursting with classic New York.
https://boarshead.com/products/detail/205-cap-off-choice-top-round-pastrami








Boar's Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese

Made in Switzerland with Alpine milk under the watchful eye of Käse Meisters, this cheese has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with earthy notes. Boar's Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese is aged more than 120 days to produce a bold taste, rich color and smooth texture.
https://boarshead.com/products/detail/985-pre-cut-gold-label-imported-swiss-cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment