Monday, April 29, 2019

Cumin Spiced Pork Tenderloin w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Golden Hominy

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Tenderloin w/Roasted Butternut Squash and Golden Hominy








To start my morning off I prepared Turkey Goetta, Hash Browns, and Toast. For the Turkey Goetta I
used Glier's Turkey Goetta, best by far! I just sliced a few slices off and lightly fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil. Then I also prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. I also toasted a slice of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread that I topped with some Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. I also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast I did a couple of loads of laundry. Then after Lunch I took my car up and had it washed and I vacuumed the inside. Then went to the ATM and then dropped off a few letters at the Post Office. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Tenderloin w/ Roasted Butternut Squash and Golden Hominy.

I purchased the Simple Truth Pork Tenderloin from Kroger yesterday, just over 1 1/2 lbs. To make the dish I’ll need; 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 pork Tenderloin, 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 350°. Combine all the Ingredients; rub it all over the pork. Let stand 20 minutes. Heat the oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning on all sides. From the stove to the oven; Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink), turning after 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet into a platter or dish and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Then get ready to enjoy one delicious Pork Tenderloin! Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Pork with the inside being tender and moist! This is my favorite Pork Recipe by far!

Then for one side I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash, easy recipe for some delicious
Butternut Squash! I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Walnut Pieces, 1 tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.



To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the
Olive Oil, add the Walnut Pieces, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash! The Walnuts work perfect with the Squash. I really love Butternut Squash!



For another side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden
Hominy, and its been a while since I’ve any. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Coke zero to drink.





Natural Pork TenderloinNatural Pork Tenderloin
Simple Truth Natural Pork comes from pigs raised humanely on family farms, and fed an all-vegetarian diet as nature intended. This results in pork that is tender and flavorful — the way pork should taste.
• No antibiotics — ever
• No added hormones — ever
• No preservatives
• No artificial colors or flavors — ever
• Always 100% vegetarian-fed

http://www.simpletruth.com/products/meat/pork/natural-pork-tender

No comments:

Post a Comment