Friday, April 5, 2019

Fried Red Snapper w/ Hash Browns and Golden Hominy

Dinner Tonight: Fried Red Snapper w/ Hash Browns and Golden Hominy





Skipped Breakfast this morning, not really hungry. I did  just have a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea though. Went to Meijer for a few items and back home. Later went over to a Lawn and Garden Center and took a look at few plants and bushes. Back home I planted a couple of bushes I bought in the backyard. Not feeling up to par today so I kicked back the rest of the afternoon. We are watching my cousin's 2 girls tonight for about 4 hours or so. For Dinner tonight it’s Red Snapper! I prepared a Fried Red Snapper w/ Hash Browns and Golden Hominy.



I had purchased the Red Snapper at the Kroger Seafood Department last week. I had it in the freezer so I laid the fillet in the fridge to thaw overnight. To prepare the the fillet, I first rinsed the Snapper off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt. Then put the fillets in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag and added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Fish Fri. Then shook the bag until the fillets were well covered, removed from the bag shaking off the excess. I then pan fried it in a Cast Iron Skillet, that I had preheated, in Canola Oil. I fried it skin side down for 4 minutes and then flipped it over to the flesh side and fried it another 3 minutes. Golden brown and nothing but delicious! The fresh taste of the Snapper combined with the Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Fish Fri is a perfect pairing.


For one side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, I always use Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. Fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, and Parsley.










For another side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden
Hominy. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! For a Snack later some Honeycrisp Apple Slices.






Red Snapper
Red snapper is a low-calorie, lean source of protein that is rich in selenium, vitamin A, potassium and omega-3 fatty acids. A diet that regularly incorporates these nutrients may significantly benefit your health by preventing serious medical conditions.









Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

The secret of authentic Southern Style fried fish is the crispy combination of corn flour, spices and
lemon juice Zatarain’s Seasoned Fish Fri Lemon PepperZatarain’s Seasoned Fish Fri Lemon Pepper captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 1140mg 48%
Total Carb: 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%
Sugar: 0g
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment