Saturday, December 15, 2018

Leftovers – Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers – Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni – Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs





For Breakfast I Scrambled some Egg Beater's Egg Whites and topped those with some Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Then I toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light
Whole Grain Bread, lightly buttered with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. More rain today, heavy at times. High of 47 degrees. Cleaned the house today, dusted and vacuumed. Caught up on everything so I caught up on some shows I had recorded. For Dinner tonight Leftovers – Shrimp w/ Pasta Roni. I’ve left the original post from yesterday for the dish preparation and description.






So for the Shrimp part of the dish I used Meijer Brand Jumbo Shrimp. This is my frozen Shrimp of choice, best I’ve found. I had them in the freezer so I let them thaw overnight in the fridge. I love
Shrimp and all Seafood. For the Shrimp; I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat. I seasoned them with Old Bay Seasoning and a sprinkle of Morton’s Lite Salt and added the Shrimp to the skillet. Cooked them 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once. And as the Shrimp was cooking I started to prepare the Pasta.





I love having Shrimp with the Pasta Roni – Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs. It comes with the Pasta Special Seasonings Packet and I added; 1 1/3 cups of water, 2/3 cups of 2% milk, and 2 tablespoons
of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Then to prepare it; In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken. There’s 2 servings per box. Nice seasoning and the Parmesan Sauce is very flavorful. I topped the Pasta with some Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese and the Shrimp. Too good, this makes one delicious Shrimp and Pasta Dish! For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.






Pasta Roni Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs

Our Pasta Roni Angel Hair Pasta with Herbs flavor blends delicate angel hair pasta in a creamy herb
sauce with other natural flavors. This delicately flavored dish is the perfect complement to your family’s favorite Italian-inspired recipes.

What You’ll Do
1 – In a medium saucepan bring water, milk and butter or margarine to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil.
2 – Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
3 – Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.
http://www.ricearoni.com/products/Pasta_Roni/Angel_Hair_Pasta_with_Herbs

No comments:

Post a Comment