Saturday, December 8, 2018

Panko Crusted Orange Roughy Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Orange Roughy Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Fries






For Breakfast this morning it was Gravy, Toast, and Sausage. I made the gravy using a packet of Pioneer Peppered White Gravy. As that cooking I toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light
Whole Grain Bread. I also heated up a couple of Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links. One Comfort Food Breakfast to start morning off. After Breakfast I went to Kroger for a couple of items and then to McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom. Finished a couple of things around the house then I had to go to Walgreens to pick up a prescription and some stamps. Caught up on some shows I had recorded the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight its a Panko Crusted Orange Roughy Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.





I had picked up a couple of Orange Roughy Fillet at Jungle Jim’s International Market earlier in the week. I sliced the Fillet in 1/2, rinsed them in cold water, and put them in Hefty Plastic Freezer Bags
and froze them. So I put 1 of them in the fridge overnight to thaw. To make it I’ll need; the Orange Roughy Fillet, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, Flour, Egg Beater’s (1/2 cup), Hungarian Paprika, and Shake and Bake Panko Bread Crumbs. I’ll also need An Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. I first Seasoned the Fillet with the McCormick Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Next I seasoned the Flour with Hungarian Paprika. Then rolled the Fillet in the Flour, next to the Egg Beater’s, and finally in the Panko Bread Crumbs.




I grabbed a skillet, sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray, added 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated the skillet on medium heat. With the skillet heated I added my Fillet. I
fried it for 3 minutes per side. It fried up perfect! Golden Brown on the outside and a moist center. I served it on the Aunt Millie’s Bun. Orange Roughy has such a good taste to it, it’s a very mild Fish. Makes the perfect Fish Sandwich!











As my Orange Roughy was cooking I turned the oven up to 425 degrees and baked my Fries. I used
Ore Ida Crinkle Cut Fries. Like all the Ore Ida Products, they are easy to prepare and delicious. I just baked them for 19 minutes and done! Served them with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.












Orange Roughy
The orange roughy, also known as the red roughy, slimehead and deep sea perch, is a relatively large
deep-sea fish belonging to the slimehead family. The UK Marine Conservation Society has categorized orange roughy as “vulnerable to exploitation”. Wikipedia

Protein. Orange roughy and tilapia serve as a rich source of protein, although tilapia provides slightly more; tilapia has 45.5 grams per serving and orange roughy has 38.9 grams per serving. The protein in these varieties of fish is considered complete, meaning that they contain all nine essential amino acids.

No comments:

Post a Comment