Thursday, December 20, 2018

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, and Mixed Chili Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, and Mixed Chili Beans



To start my morning off I prepared French Toast and Sausage. For the French Toast I used Aunt Millie’s Light Whole Grain Bread, Egg Beater’s, Ground Nutmeg, and Ground Cinnamon. For the

Sausage I used Johnsonville Turkey Sausage Links. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf
Green Tea. Rain almost all day on and off, 46 degrees. Good day to stay in, which I needed. Up most of the night battling the Phantom Pains. They started about 9:00 last night and didn't let up until about 11:00 this morning. It was one long night! So after the Phantom Pains stopped I caught up on some much needed sleep. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, and Mixed Chili Beans.





On my last visit to Meijer I picked up a Bone – In Pork Loin Chop and had it in the freezer. I grabbed the Chop from the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Then to prepare my Chop I’ll need;
The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 150, turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork!


To go with the Chop I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes
and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better. I Love the combination of Mashed Potatoes and Beans!












For a 2nd side I prepared a can of Bush’s Mixed Chili Beans – Kidney and Pinto Beans in Mild Chili Sauce. For me you just can’t beat Bush’s Beans. I’ve prepared these several times now and really
love them, nice combo using the Kidney and Pinto Beans. To prepare them just empty the Beans into a small sauce pan. Cover and heat to a simmer. Done! The only store I have found them is Meijer so far. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.











Pork Facts….

One serving of pork is 3 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards, according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. An image of the portion size is important because a thick pork chop can be twice that size and without realizing it you can eat double the calories. You’ll get 137 calories and 4 grams of fat from a 3-ounce pork chop. Pork is similar to chicken, with 3 ounces of chicken breast containing 140 calories and 3 grams of fat. A pork chop has 65 milligrams of cholesterol, compared to 72 grams in chicken breast, but they both have just 1 gram of saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment