Saturday, December 1, 2018

Surf and Turf – Shrimp (Surf) and 5 oz. and Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf)

Dinner Tonight: Surf and Turf – Shrimp (Surf) and 5 oz. and Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf)







To start my Saturday morning off I Scrambled a couple of Eggs and topped them with a little Ortega Smoked Chipotle Taco Sauce and a sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I also toasted a slice of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread and had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Rain and thunderstorms and 58 degrees outside today, warmer but wetter. Did some inside chores inside today. I had ordered new brushes for the sweeper and I put those on and I also new tires for my Hoveround and I put the new tires on. Later on watched some College Football. For Dinner tonight its Surf and Turf. I prepared Shrimp (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf) along with a small Baked Potato.


While at Kroger yesterday I picked up some of the huge Freshwater Colossal Shrimp, I cleaned them
and put them in the fridge until needed for Dinner tonight. I love these, they are so meaty. They don’t have that Ocean taste like Ocean Shrimp but they’re not bad. To prepare these I’m using McCormick Golden Dipt Cracker Meal Seafood Fry Mix.










Added about 2 tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil into large skillet. Heated the oil on medium heat.
I then took a 1/2 cup of the Cracker Meal Mix in a Hefty Zip Lock Plastic Bag. Take the peeled shrimp, 3 at a time and place them in the bag and shake until Shrimp had a nice coating on them. Had all the Shrimp coated I then began to fry them. Frying them about 3 minutes the shrimp, a few pieces at a time, in the hot oil until light golden brown turning after 1 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towel lined plate. Love using the McCormick Cracker Meal Mix, nice light crust and seasoning.





For the Turf part I’ll be using Wild Idea Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (5 oz.). To prepare the
Steak; I rubbed the Steak with a 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a small Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 1/2 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So tender and juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had.






I also had a baked Russet Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and
Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Perfect side for a Surf and Turf Meal! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn with a Coke Zero to drink.














Wild Idea Buffalo – 5 oz. Petite Top Sirloin Steak

Famous for their flavor, these juicy steaks are perfect for the grill. The small size makes for a great meal for one. 5 oz.

http://wildideabuffalo.com/products/petite-top-sirloin-steaks

No comments:

Post a Comment