Monday, December 10, 2018

Fried Chicken Thighs w/ Fried Potatoes and Canned Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Chicken Thighs w/ Fried Potatoes and Canned Green Beans





For Breakfast this morning I prepared a Poached Egg and served it on a toasted slice of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. I also had that morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Started off a
cold morning at 18 degrees. Partly Sunny and 38 degrees for the afternoon. After Breakfast I followed my neighbor to an auto repair place and he dropped his car off and I brought him back home. Later in the afternoon I took him back to pick it up. Got the leaf blower out and cleaned off the leaves on the deck and driveway areas. After Lunch I went and got the car washed and cleaned the inside windows. That was about it for the day. For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Chicken Thighs w/ Fried Potatoes and Canned Green Beans.



I purchased another package of the Simple Truth Boneless and Skinless Chicken Thighs from Kroger
the other day and having them tonight for Dinner. To prepare them I’ll just need Flour, Morton’s Lite Salt, Ground Pepper, and Extra Light Olive Oil.












To start I grabbed a large skillet, sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Spray, added 1 1/2 tablespoons of
Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated it on medium heat. As the skillet was heating I got a pie pan out and put 2 tablespoons of flour in it. Next I got the Chicken Thighs out of the package and seasoned them with Salt and Pepper. With the skillet heated I added the Thighs to the skillet and put a lid on the skillet. Fried the Thighs for about 8 minutes and then flipped them over, put the lid back on the skillet to cook another 7 minutes.





I got a plate and put paper towel on it and removed the Chicken Thighs from the skillet to the lined
plate. Paper towel absorbs any of the excess oil. Just love the crust on the Chicken provided by the Flour Coating! The Flour and cooking it in a Cast Iron Skillet. The Chicken Thighs were moist and flat out delicious!










For one side we had Fried Potatoes! I’ve loved these all my life and my Mom makes the best! I
bought a bag of Medium Size Red Potatoes, which we’ll be using. To prepare them; first wash the Whole Potatoes and dry with a paper towel. Next grab a Cast Iron Skillet and add 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and heat the Skillet on high.









With the skillet heated add the Potatoes. After adding the Potatoes add your Seasoning, we just used
Salt and Pepper. Then fry until the Potatoes start to turn brown. Then flip them with a spatula and continue frying until done. I love these Potatoes and they are so easy to prepare.











Then I opened up a Mason Jar of our Canned Green Beans, canned last summer. Love these Beans, they taste just as fresh as the day we bought them. Just heat them up in a sauce pan with some pork fat and serve. Fresh Green Beans in December, I love it! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.











Chicken Thighs – One medium, baked chicken thigh with skin provides 140 calories, 14 grams of protein, 0 grams of carbohydrate, 9 grams of fat, 3 grams of saturated fat, 4 grams of monounsaturated fat, 2 gram of polyunsaturated fat, and 275 milligrams of sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment