Monday, December 17, 2018

Dinner Tonight: 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Roasted Butternut Squash

Dinner Tonight: 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Roasted Butternut Squash



Started my morning off with a Jimmy Dean Simple Scrambles - Crumbled Ground Turkey, Egg Whites, and Cheddar Cheese. I really love these, only 150 calories and 3 carbs! That's hard to beat. They have 3 or 4 different ones but the Turkey has less calories and carbs than the others. Just microwave and stir, and you have a hot Breakfast. Also had my cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Mostly sunny and 43 degrees out, not bad for December 17th! I headed out after Breakfast to a new Kroger that recently opened to see a friend of mine that's working there. It's one of their bigger stores. Stopped by McDonald's on my way back and picked up a late Breakfast for Mom. Not a lot going on today. For Dinner Tonight its a 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Roasted Butternut Squash.

I’ll be using Wild Idea Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (5 oz.). To prepare the Steak; I rubbed the Steak with a 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a small Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 1/2 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So tender and juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had.





Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan and heat until heated through.










Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash, easy recipe for some delicious
Butternut Squash! I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Walnut Pieces, 1 tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.




To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the Olive Oil, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash! The Walnuts work perfect with the Squash. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.













Wild Idea Buffalo – 5 oz. Petite Top Sirloin Steak
Famous for their flavor, these juicy steaks are perfect for the grill. The small size makes for a great meal for one. 5 oz.
http://wildideabuffalo.com/products/petite-top-sirloin-steaks

No comments:

Post a Comment