Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans







I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast this morning. It was one of those long sleepless nights again while dealing with Phantom Pains up until early this afternoon. It was a rough night as these were very painful. So after my Tea I did a couple of chores around the house and then it was back to bed to catch up on some much needed sleep. For Dinner tonight its a Fried Walleye Fillet w/ Potato Pancakes and Green Beans.







While at Costco yesterday I bought a package of fresh Canadian Walleye Fillets! There was 7 Fillets I gave Mom a couple of them that she froze. I also picked up a package of 5 fresh Tilapia Fillets, and a package of the Tuscan Seasoned Pork Tenderloin Medallions. I love Costco!











Okay back to those Walleye Fillets. I'm preparing 2 Fillets. I purchased a package of the smaller Fillets. To prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor! Costco has excellent Fish and Seafood selections!




So for a side I prepared some Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite (Never made a cake I didn’t like!). Just add 2 Egg Beater’s (1/2 Cup), 2 1/4 Cups Water, to the mix stir and fry! Easy and
makes one good Potato Pancake and their only 80 calories and 18 carbs per serving (3 Potato Pancakes). The whole family love’s these Potato Pancakes! They turn out so good and easy to reheat the leftovers.







For a second side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. I also reheated a couple of slices
of leftover Multi Grain Bread. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn along with a Coke Zero to drink.












Walleye Nutrition Facts

1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137 mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9 mg






Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix

Directions
Makes 18-24 pancakes. You Will Need: Medium bowl, 2 eggs, 2 1/4 cups cold water, vegetable oil,
large skillet. 1. Mix: In a medium bowl, beat two eggs with a fork until blended. Add 2 1/4 cups cold water and mix well. Stir in the contents of this package. Allow batter to thicken for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir. 2. Fry: Drop tablespoons of batter into 1/8 inch hot vegetable oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.

Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 3 cakes
Amount Per Serving
Calories 80
Calories from Fat 10
Calories from Saturated Fat
Amount Per Serving and/or % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g (1%)
Saturated Fat 0.5g (4%)
Polyunsaturated Fat
Monounsaturated Fat
Trans Fat 0g (0%)
Cholesterol 0mg (0%)
Sodium 500mg (21%)
Potassium
Total Carbohydrate 18g (6%)
Dietary Fiber 2g (9%)

http://www.manischewitz.com/sidesandmixesproducts.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment