Friday, March 2, 2018

Bay Scallop and Shrimp Thin Spaghetti Pasta w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread

Dinner Tonight: Bay Scallop and Shrimp Thin Spaghetti Pasta w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread





For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and topped it with Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea.
Chilly morning out, 27 degrees. But the day wasn't bad, sunny and 49 degrees. After Breakfast I headed out to Meijer to do some grocery shopping, I didn't need a lot just wanted to get out for a while. After Meijer I stopped by Kroger to pick up a few items for Mom. Then on the way home I stopped by McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom and Dad, they love that McDonald's Breakfast. Not much else going on today so I caught up on some shows I had recorded. For Dinner tonight I prepared Bay Scallop and Shrimp Thin Spaghetti Pasta w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread.




I wasn't sure what to have for Dinner tonight so the last night I searched the freezer to see what I could find. I've been using what I can out of the freezer of late and made a huge dent in items that I
had even forgot I had in there! So I got a bag of White Shrimp and a bag of Bay Scallops and laid them in the fridge to thaw overnight. I'll be having Bay Scallop and Shrimp Angel Hair Pasta w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread for Dinner tonight. I'll be using; White Shrimp I had purchased at Kroger, Bay Scallops that I also had purchased at Kroger, Old Bay Seasoning, Lemon Juice, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, Extra Light Olive Oil, Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti Pasta, Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, and a Loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread.




I had already cleaned and rinsed both the Bay Scallops and Shrimp. Added both to a bowl and Seasoned them with the Old Bay, Lemon Juice, Sea Salt, and Olive Oil. Mixed everything up so it was all Seasoned. Next I grabbed a large skillet, sprayed it with Pam Non Sick Cooking Spray, added a Pat of the Butter, added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated on Low Medium heat.








As the skillet was heating for the Seafood I took a sauce pan filled it 3/4 full of Water and lightly Salted it with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, heated it on High heat. Back to the Seafood. With the skillet heated I added the Bay Scallops and Shrimp. The Scallops and Shrimp will not take more than a few minutes to cook. I under cooked both just a bit because I would be adding it to the hot Angel Hair Pasta which will steam it to finish it. Put the Seafood ina bowl and set aside while my Pasta is cooking.







For the Pasta I'm using Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti. The Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Pastas are my favorite to use but tough to find in the area so now I have to order it online. Easy to prepare; Boil your water with some added Salt. When boiling add the Spaghetti and, return it to a boil. Stir occasionally, cook for 8 minutes. Drain it and get ready to serve.








I put it into a medium size bowl and seasoned it with a splash of the Olive Oil, a sprinkle of Sea Salt, and the grated Parmesan Cheese. Gave it a stir and added the Bay scallops and Shrimp, stirred and served! Oh what a dish! It combines two of my favorite foods Seafood and Pasta. I topped everything with a bit more of Lemon Juice and grated Parm Cheese. I could have this all the time. I had also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread. This has become the family's favorite Baked Bread. Plus I love having Bread every meal and Crusty Bread with Pasta Dishes. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.






Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti

From the Italian word for "strings"; these round thin strands of pasta are our most beloved shape.
A versatile pasta shape, Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti can be used in entrées, side dishes, cold salads, or broken and used in soups. Toss Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti with almost any pasta sauce of varying thickness. Tomato or cream sauces, broth-based and meat sauces, olive oil tosses and meat sauces all work well. Thin Spaghetti pasta made with a blend of 100% whole wheat and the time-honored grains: Quinoa, Amaranth, Millet, Sorghum and Teff.

Nutrition
Serving Per Container About 8

Serving Size2oz (56g/1/8 of package)

Amount Per Serving
Calories   180  Calories From Fat   15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 240mg 7%
Total Carbohydrate 39g 13%
    Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
    Sugars 2g
Protein 9g

No comments:

Post a Comment