Monday, March 5, 2018

Blackened Chicken Breast w/ Seasoned Pinto Beans, Sliced New Potatoes,.......

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Chicken Breast w/ Seasoned Pinto Beans, Sliced New Potatoes, and Baked Texas Toast






For Breakfast this morning I prepared Scrambled Eggs, 3 slices of al fresco Uncured Chicken Bacon, toasted 2 slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread (lightly buttered), and that morning cup of
Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside it's mostly cloudy and a high of 50 degrees. After Breakfast I went to Costco. First time here in a while. Bought a few items I needed and bought a couple of cases of canned Fruit and Vegetables. On the way home I dropped the cases off at Reach Out Lakota, food and shelter center here in West Chester. Then mailed a couple of letters and stopped by the ATM. Not a lot going on today, did a few things around the house then some work on my computer. For Dinner tonight its a Blackened Chicken Breast w/ Seasoned Pinto Beans, Sliced New Potatoes, and Baked Texas Toast.




I was at Kroger yesterday and picked up a package of Kroger Blackened Chicken Breast. It contained 1 Chicken Breast that was Seasoned with Blackened Spices. The only thing I added to prepare it was some McCormick Grinders of Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. I'll be preparing it in a Cast Iron Skillet.










I started by heating the oven on 400 degrees. I sprayed the Cast Iron Skillet with Pam Non Stick Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Bertoli Extra Light Olive Oil. I heated the Skillet on
medium heat. When the Skillet was heated I added the Chicken Breast. I seared it for 2 minutes per side. I then moved it to the oven. I love using Cast Iron Skillets. Not only do they hold heat and cook evenly but you can go from the stove on to the oven like I did with the Chicken. I continued cooking the Chicken for 10 minutes, flipping it over one time. Checked the Chicken with an internal meat thermometer, and it read 166 degrees. Took the Skillet out of the oven and let the Chicken rest for 3 minutes before serving. Excellent Blackened Seasoning and the Chicken came out moist and delicious. I'll have to get another package of this sometime, enjoyed it.




As my Chicken was cooking I prepared my side dishes. I prepared a can of Margaret Holmes
Seasoned Pinto Beans. It doesn't get much better for a canned Beans than these! To prepare it just empty the contents into a medium saucepan. Cover it and bring it to a boil. Stir and reduce the heat to slow simmer and serve when ready. I love Beans of all kinds and these Seasoned Pinto Beans are at the top of the list, love the Seasoning.







For another side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes. I use a lot of Del Monte Vegetable Products, always delicious and store a lot longer than fresh Vegetables. Finally I baked a slice of New York Bakery Light Texas Toast. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn and a Coke Zero to drink.












Margaret Holmes Seasoned Pinto Beans

Pinto beans are a great source of fiber and amino acids. Our delicious Seasoned Pinto Beans are
slow-simmered with our unique blend of down-home Southern spices to create a true delicacy. Just heat and serve!

Directions:Instructions: STOVETOP HEATING INSTRUCTIONS: EMPTY CONTENTS INTO MEDIUM SAUCEPAN. COVER AND BRING TO BOIL. STIR AND REDUCE HEAT. SIMMER UNTIL READY TO HEAT.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: PINTO BEANS, WATER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, SALT, DEHYDRATED ONION, SUGAR, SPICES, NATURAL FLAVORS, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PRESERVE COLOR) AND CHICKEN FAT. MAY CONTAIN ALLERGENS: WHEAT (WHEAT GLUTEN), SOYBEANS (HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN) & PEANUTS.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size141 g (0.5 cup)
Amount Per ServingCalories 120 Calories
Total Carbohydrate 26g 9%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
http://margaretholmes.com/products/seasoned-pinto-beans/




New York Bakery Lite Texas Toast
With half the fat of our Garlic Texas Toast, New York Bakery® Lite Texas Toast has the same garlic taste with half the guilt.

 Conventional Oven*

Pre-heat oven to 425°f.
* Place slices flat on baking sheet
* Bake 5 – 8 minutes on middle shelf of oven
* To brown on both sides, turn over and bake an additional 2 minutes
*Oven temperatures may vary
Box contains 8 slices.
http://www.nybakery.com/products/lite-texas-toast/

No comments:

Post a Comment