Saturday, March 17, 2018

Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries






For Breakfast on this rainy Saturday morning I prepared a Breakfast Sandwich. I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, fried up some slices of Boar's Head Sweet Sliced Ham, melted a slice of Sargento Swiss Cheese on to the Ham, and made a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Really enjoyed this!










Had a passing thunder shower later this morning. Had a high of 44 degrees and mostly cloudy.
Started a load of laundry after Breakfast. Later did some house cleaning, vacuum and dusted. Then spent the rest of the afternoon watching the NCAA Basketball Tournament. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.









I had purchased the Tilapia at Costco and had them in the freezer. Let them thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare it I rinsed the fillets off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with a bit of Sea Salt.












Then I melted a 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter down and rubbed the fillets down
with it, covering both sides. I then covered both sides, with Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning. I added Extra Light Olive Oil to a Cast Iron Skillet and preheated it until the Oil was almost ready to start smoking and I added the Tilapia. Just a word of warning have your window open and overhead stove fan a working, it will smoke! I cooked the fillet for 3 minutes each side and it was fork tender and ready. I love the Smokey and Blackened flavor the Zatarain’s Seasoning provides. The Tilapia is such a meaty Fish, I love it! Served it on an Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Bun.



To go with my Fish Sandwich I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with
McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.













Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment