Thursday, March 15, 2018

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Savory Herb Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Savory Herb Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus






To start my morning off I prepared a Poached Egg and served it on a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. I also heated up a couple of Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links along with a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. I have to have my Tea to start the day! After Breakfast I headed to the local Kroger for a few items I needed then stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom and Dad. Outside we had a high of 49 degrees and mostly cloudy. Gave Mom a hand with a couple of laundry. Not much going on after that. For dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, and Baked Multi Grain Bread.



On my last visit to Costco last week I had bought another package of the always delicious Tuscan
Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. They cut it fresh for me and seasoned it as I shopped. The package had 20 slices in it and have them in the Freezer. So Last night I grabbed a package out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge.









To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it
with Pam Cooking Spray and added 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Parsley. Added the Pork to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, as it just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then backed them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork is so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and so moist.





For one side dish I prepared the Little Potato Co. Savory Herb Potatoes. I love these! The Potatoes
come in a microwavable tray. Just pop the tray in the microwave for five minutes and mix in the seasoning pack and you have a nutritious and tasty Potato Dish. These are definitely a good item to have in the pantry! So easy to prepare and no clean up.









I prepared Roasted Asparagus for one side. To prepare the Asparagus I just needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cloves Roasted Asparagus Garlic (minced), Sea Salt, Freshly grated Black Pepper, Lemon Juice,
and Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Rinse clean the asparagus. Break the tough ends off of the asparagus and discard. Lay the asparagus spears out in a single layer in a baking dish or a foil-covered roasting pan. Drizzle olive oil over the spears, roll the asparagus back and forth until they are all covered with a thin layer of olive oil. (Alternatively you can put the asparagus and oil in a plastic bag, and rub the bag so that the oil gets evenly distributed.) Sprinkle with minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub over the asparagus so that they are evenly seasoned. Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes, depending on how thick your asparagus spears are, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drizzle with a little fresh lemon juice and shredded Parm Cheese before serving. I had also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Multi Grain Oval Loaf Bread. This has became the family’s favorite Baked Bread. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.







Pork Facts….
One serving of pork is 3 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards, according to the National Heart,
Lung and Blood Institute. An image of the portion size is important because a thick pork chop can be twice that size and without realizing it you can eat double the calories. You’ll get 137 calories and 4 grams of fat from a 3-ounce pork chop. Pork is similar to chicken, with 3 ounces of chicken breast containing 140 calories and 3 grams of fat. A pork chop has 65 milligrams of cholesterol, compared to 72 grams in chicken breast, but they both have just 1 gram of saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment