Sunday, November 5, 2017

Leftovers: Creamy Wild Rice, Chicken, and Mushroom Soup w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread

Dinner Tonight: Leftovers: Creamy Wild Rice, Chicken, and Mushroom Soup w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread




It's been one sleepless and painful night and day. I have been suffering through some extremely
painful Phantom Pains. It's so frustrating because there is nothing you can do to stop them. There's methods and medicine you can do or take that may work about 5% of the time but for the most part
the only thing you can do is try to fight through them. I think I might have got about an hours worth of sleep overnight but that was it. I had nothing for Breakfast but a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. I went to McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom and Dad and I went back to bed for most of the Day. The Phantom Pains lessened around 2:00 this afternoon, finally. I'm hoping for a better night tonight! Thank goodness for leftovers, I reheated the Creamy Wild Rice, Chicken, and Mushroom Soup w/ Baked Multi Grain Bread. I've left the original post from yesterday below. Take care everyone.




I had purchased a bag of Bear Creek Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix at Walmart a while back. So what better day to try it than a Fall day in November. The package contains the Soup Mix which is loaded with Long Grain Wild Rice. I'll be adding 8 cups of Water, Pulled Chicken, and sliced Mushrooms. You can already tell this has the makings of one Hearty Comfort Food Soup!









For the Pulled Chicken; Yesterday I purchased a Kroger Simple Truth Rotisserie Whole Chicken. I pulled all the meat and put it in a sealable plastic container, which I put in the fridge to store until needed. I also purchased a small container of Mini Bella Mushrooms, from Meijer, that I sliced up.









To prepare the Soup; I brought 8 cups of water to a rolling boil. Whisked in Soup Mix. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sea Salt and Pepper to taste. When the Soup was ready I then added 1 cup of the Pulled Chicken and 1 cup of the sliced Mushrooms. Stirred until well blended, and served. One excellent Soup! The Soup came out smooth and creamy and the Long Grain Rice, Chicken, and Mushrooms worked perfect. Hearty and Delicious! I also baked a loaf La Brea Multi Grain Bread. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.






 Bear Creek Country Kitchens: Soup Mix Creamy Wild Rice

Deliciously smooth and creamy, and loaded with hearty long-grain wild rice.
High in the Heber Valley of the Wasatch Mountains, Bear Creek Country Kitchens began with one goal in mind: Deliver great hearty homestyle dishes that the whole family will enjoy. Combining high quality hearty ingredients with our special blend of spices, our soups are delicious, yet easy to prepare. Just add water and in minutes you can serve "homemade" soups that will satisfy every appetite.
Creamy Wild Rice
A Bear Creek® soup to get wild about. Smooth and creamy, it’s loaded with hearty long-grain wild rice and graced with carrots, celery, tomatoes, herbs and spices.

Yields about 8 one-cup servings.
Try adding chicken and sliced mushrooms for variety
* Just add water
* Makes 1/2 gallon
* Wild rice soup mix cooks in 15 minutes

Instruction
1 - Directions: Bring 8 cups of water to a rolling boil. Whisk in soup mix. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Yields about 8 one cup servings.
2 - Store in a cool dry place.

No comments:

Post a Comment