Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cast Iron Skillet Buffalo Hanging Steak w/ Baked Potato and Bourbon and Brown Sugar Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cast Iron Skillet Buffalo Hanging Steak w/ Baked Potato and Bourbon and Brown Sugar Beans





For Breakfast this morning I prepared an Egg, sunny side up. I also prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and a
cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Nice start to a chilly November Morning. 31 degrees out there this morning. It was mostly cloudy and a high of 42 degrees. Mom had some things to do today so i did the laundry for her and looked after Dad. Did a few chores around the house after Lunch. Everything done, I watched some College Football the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Cast Iron Skillet Buffalo Hanging Steak and Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato, Bourbon and Brown Sugar Beans, and baked Texas Toast.





Wild Idea Buffalo had their 16 oz. Hanging Tender Steaks on sale a couple of weeks ago and I ordered a couple of them and I'm having one of them for Dinner tonight. I had it in the freezer so I laid it in the fridge overnight to thaw. To season it I'll need; McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Peppercorn Medley, Dried Rosemary, and Extra Light Olive Oil.








For the Steak; I rinsed the Hanger Steak and pat it dry. Then I grabbed  a sharp fillet knife and ran the knife along one side of the sinew that runs down the center, creating two fillets. Remove the sinew
from fillet that it remains attached to with knife. When I first found this recipe I didn't know what the word "sinew" meant. I looked it up and the definition is; sinew - a piece of tough fibrous tissue uniting muscle to bone or bone to bone; a tendon or ligament. Learned something new! Which is why I enjoy cooking so much, you're always learning something! To continue, next I rubbed the steaks with the Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Pepper, and Rosemary . Cover and allow it to rest at room temperature for 2 hours. I cut the other half of the Steak in half again and I'll be having them for a couple of Steak and Eggs Breakfasts with that!



To start I got out a Cast Iron Skillet out. Sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated the Skillet on medium heat. Next I preheated the oven to
400 degrees. Then to start I pan fried it, on medium heat about 2 minutes per side. Starting out cooking it on the stove gave it a nice sear to start. Then I put the Skillet in the oven and roasted it until it had internal temperature of 145 degrees for a medium rare, and it came out perfect, love using Cast Iron Skillets; from the stove to the oven! After removing it from the oven I put the Steak on a plate and lest it rest for 5 minutes before serving. These Steaks are so moist and tender and have that distinct Wild idea Buffalo flavor. The juices off the Steak was just incredible! I also prepared some sauteed Mushrooms to go with Steak.




For a side I prepared a Baked Potato. Seasoned that with the McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and
Peppercorn Medley, and topped with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. I also baked a slice of the New York Bakery Garlic Texas Toast.  For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.









Then for another side I prepared some Bush’s Grillin’ Beans Bourbon and Brown Sugar. Not sure if I’ve had these before or not, but they sure are good! As all Bush Beans are. I just emptied the can into a small sauce pan and heated them until they started to simmer and the Beans heated. Love these Bush Beans!  I also baked a slice of the New York Bakery Garlic Texas Toast.  For Dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.













Wild Idea Buffalo – 16 oz. Hanging Tender Steak
Also known as the hanger steak, this is a coveted favorite of butchers. The deep rich flavor and delicate tenderness requires less cooking time. Roast whole or cut for medallions or kebabs. 1 lb.
http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/premium-steaks/products/hanging-tender-








A TASTE OF TENNESSEE
BUSH’S® BOURBON AND BROWN SUGAR GRILLIN’ BEANS®

When you’re grilling your favorite meats, you want a side that can hold its own—like the bold taste of BUSH’S® Bourbon and Brown Sugar Grillin’ Beans®. We slow-cook plump navy beans in a robust sauce generously seasoned with brown sugar, molasses, a bold blend of spices and a touch of natural bourbon flavor for a side dish that’s decidedly different.
http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/product/bourbon-and-brown-sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment