Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mini Carb Cakes, Wings, and Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries

Dinner Tonight: Mini Carb Cakes, Wings, and Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries




For Breakfast this morning I Scrambled an Egg and toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. Also, as usual, I had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Cold morning starting off but it was sunny and 53 degrees out for the day. After Breakfast I straightened up the pantry, checking the expiration dates on everything. Then did the same in the freezer. After Lunch I got the leaf blower out and cleaned off the deck and driveway areas. That was about it for my day. For Dinner tonight it's an oven menu. I prepared Mini Carb Cakes, Wings, and Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries.



Trying a couple of new items tonight; that I purchased here at our local Kroger, Dockside Classics Mini Crab Cakes and Kroger Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings. I also purchased some Fingerling Potatoes while at Jungle Jim's Market a couple of days ago that I'm slicing up and baking.









The Dockside Classics Mini Crab Cakes come fresh in a package, 24 to a package. To prepare them preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the Mini Cakes on a baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes or until they hit an internal temperature of 160 degrees. I love these little Crab Cakes. Nice flavor and real easy to prepare. Served it with some Heinz Cocktail Sauce for dipping.








Then I also prepared some Kroger Dry Rub BBQ Chicken Wings. Like the Mini Crab Cakes I'll be
baking these also. After baking the Crab Cakes I turned the temperature up to 425 degrees. Used a baking sheet, lined it with foil and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. I lined the Wings up on the foil and seasoned them with BBQ Dry Rub that came with the Wings. I then baked them for 17 minutes, flipping them over after 8 minutes. These turned out to be a very good Wing! Excellent BBQ Dry Rub. Served these with a side of Litehouse Light Blue Cheese Dressing.



Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large
bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Still can’t figure out why it’s so hard to find Fingerling Potatoes in this area, only 1 store around here locally that sells them (Thank you Jungle Jim’s).








The Dockside Classics Mini Crab Cakes
Premium Crab Cakes – Four hand made lump crab cakes with just the right amount of seasonings and spices. Comes with our own delicious recipe of cocktail sauce.
http://www.seafoodamerica.com/index.html#











Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries

Ingredients:

Fingerling Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese
Directions:
1.) Thoroughly clean and scrub the potatoes.
2.) Cut the potatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl.
3.) Add the olive oil. I used about 1 tablespoon, but this will vary by how many potatoes you use. Just use enough oil to give the potatoes a nice coat. Add your seasonings.
4.) Put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan Grated Cheese.
5.) Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 450 degrees. The potatoes should be tender in the middle when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment