Monday, August 14, 2017

Chopped Bison Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Golden Hominy,....

Dinner Tonight: Chopped Bison Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Golden Hominy, and Baked Multi Grain Bread






For Breakfast this morning I prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, that I topped
with some Meijer Diced Ham, Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Colby-Jack Cheese, and a Fried Egg Sunnyside Up. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Outside it's mostly cloudy and 85 degrees. I took Mom's car over to the shop to have the oil changed and replaced her wiper blades replaced. Then I stopped and the car washed before heading home. After Lunch I headed over to see Dad, he was having a good day today. Still no word on when he might get to come home. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Chopped Bison Sirloin Steak w/ Cut Green Beans and Potatoes, Golden Hominy, and Baked Multi Grain Bread.



For Dinner tonight it’s one of my favorites, SayersBrook Ranch Bison Chopped Sirloin Steak. I love
this Chopped Steak. To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare it I’ll need McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and  Peppercorn Medley, McCormick Crushed Rosemary, and McCormick Thyme Leaves (all seasoning to taste). I got the Cast Iron Skillet out to prepare it. I first sprayed it with a very light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and then added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. When the pan was heated I added the Chopped Steak. I cooked each side 2 minutes.Then finished it in the oven, at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. It cooked up beautifully, perfect medium rare! Had a nice little char on the outside and moist and juicy inside. These are so tender you could slice them with a spoon and have an excellent taste to them.





For one side I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I really like using the Del Monte Cut Green Beans and New Potatoes, contains 2 of my favorite vegetables (Green Beans and Potatoes). Just empty the can into a small sauce pan and heat until heated through.










For another side I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! I also baked a loaf of the La Brea Bakery Multi-Grain Bread. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Diet Dr.Pepper to drink.







SayersBrook Ranch Bison Chopped Sirloin Steak

If you like the flavor of the sirloin, love the Bison Burger but want to take it up a notch, then the Chopped Sirloin Steak is for you! 4 lbs (4 packages each with 2-8oz chopped sirloin steaks).
Great flavor of the sirloin but also extremely tender and juicy.

http://www.sayersbrook.com/bison-chopped-sirloin-steak-4-lbs/

No comments:

Post a Comment