Sunday, August 27, 2017

Marinated Bison Strip and Provolone Steak Hoagie w/ Tossed Salad

Dinner Tonight: Marinated Bison Strip and Provolone Steak Hoagie w/ Tossed Salad





To start my Sunday off I had a Poached Egg that I served on a toasted Jennie - O Whole Grain English Muffin. I also made a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After Breakfast I headed to Kroger
for a few items I need for Dinner tonight. I also stopped by McDonald's and picked up Breakfast for Mom. Mom went on to Church and I cleaned the house, cleaned the oven, and did a load of laundry. It's a bit hotter and more humid out but still beautiful outside, a high of 85 degrees. Later in the day i went over to see Dad. He was having a pretty good day today, just wish he could come home. He's been in the Hospital and Rehab Units more often than he's been home this year. Back home, For Dinner tonight its a Marinated Bison Strip and Provolone Steak Hoagie w/ Tossed Salad.




I had seen on the Wild Idea Buffalo website that they had Buffalo Premium Steak Strips and had been wanting to try them. So on my latest order that I placed with Wild Idea Buffalo I ordered a package, and having them for Dinner tonight. I'm preparing them and having them as a Buffalo Steak Hoagie.










I had the package in the freezer so I let thaw overnight in the fridge. I opened the package up this morning and what beautiful cuts of Meat! The Slices were a dark red and just made your mouth water looking at them! Washed the Slices off in water and patted them dry. Then put them in a sealed plastic container where I added Kraft Lite House Italian Dressing to let them marinate until I was ready to prepare them.








When I was ready to start Dinner I first grabbed a skillet, sprayed it with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray, added 2 tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil, and heated the skillet on medium heat. I got the container of Buffalo Strips out of the Fridge. I pulled the Strips out of the Marinade, shaking off the excess and added them to the preheated skillet. I sautéed the Buffalo Strips for about 4 minutes, tossing to turn occasionally. Removed them from the heat and put the Strips in a bowl. As the Steak was finishing I Sauteed some Mushrooms to go with the Steak Strips.




To make my Hoagies I'll need; Kroger Brand 100% Whole Wheat Hoagie Rolls (these always taste so fresh), the Buffalo Strips, Sargento Provolone Sliced Cheese, Kraft Lite Italian Dressing, Emeril's New York Deli Style Mustard, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Shredded Lettuce.










To start I split the Hoagie Roll open. On the bottom bun I added the Provolone Cheese, then the Buffalo Steak Strips, added a little of the Italian Dressing, Sauteed Mushrooms, then the Shredded
Lettuce, and finally on the bottom of the bottom of the top Bun I spread some of the Deli Style Mustard. Done and ready to eat! The Buffalo Strips were even better than they looked, and look incredible! So tender and they have that incredible Wild Idea Buffalo taste. Paired with all the toppings, we have another keeper recipe! I'll be ordering another package of the Wild Idea Buffalo - 1 LB. PREMIUM STEAK STRIPS again! They make a fantastic Steak Hoagie!






To go with the Hoagie I had a Tossed Salad topped with Kraft Classic Fat Free Catalina Dressing. For the longest time my body was having trouble digesting leafy green vegetables, they would leave me with upset stomach. But as late I haven't had any problems, which I'm glad I love Salads! Then later on for Dessert/Snack I'm having a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Coke Zero to drink.











Wild Idea Buffalo - 1 LB. PREMIUM STEAK STRIPS

Pre-cut strips from the tenderloin, New York strip, ribeye, and sirloin. This product has top-of-the-line taste and is amazingly tender. Perfect for stir frying, or on the grill.

1 lb. package.
https://wildideabuffalo.com/products/1-lb-premium-steak-strips

No comments:

Post a Comment