This week's Jennie - O Turkey Recipe of the Week is a Turkey Breakfast Pizza. Start your morning off with Pizza, a Turkey Breakfast Pizza! Made with using JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon along with toppings of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Green Onions, and Red Bell Peppers. You can find this recipe at the Jennie - O website which is loaded with delicious and healthy recipe ideas like this week's recipe. Enjoy and Make the Switch! https://www.jennieo.com/
Turkey Breakfast Pizza
Brunch doesn’t get as much respect as other meals. But that stops today. With flaky crust, bell peppers and crispy turkey bacon, they’ll remember this meal all week.
1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
½ (12-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1¼ cups milk
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
¼ cup sliced green onions
¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
1) Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In prepared dish, press dough in bottom and up sides of pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
3) Cook turkey bacon as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Crumble; set aside.
4) Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add cheese; stir until melted. Spread cheese sauce evenly over baked crust.
5) Sprinkle with bacon, green onions and bell pepper. Bake 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Saturated Fat 4.5g