Thursday, October 23, 2014

Cumin Spiced Monster Pork Chop w/ Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus

Today’s Menu: Cumin Spiced Monster Pork Chop w/ Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus







Our coldest morning in a while, about 34 degrees. I bought some Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk the other day and have fell in love with this stuff! Ran some weekly scans on my computer and got my workout in. Then my Mom and myself went to see my Aunt who is in assisted living this afternoon.  For dinner tonight it's a Cumin Spiced Monster Pork Chop w/ Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus.







I just had one these Monster Pork Chops last week and it was so darn delicious I grabbed another one while at Kroger this morning. The good thing about the Chops is they are so big that there’s plenty leftover for my Breakfast the next morning! To prepare my Chop I’ll need; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. I had to increase the cooking time due to the size of the Chop. Start by heating the oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 155° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork!





For one side I prepared some Smashed Potatoes using Baby Gold Potatoes. To prepare them I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, Dill, and Parsley. Mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon  and continued to smash and mix and serve. Been too long since I've had these. Then I some Asparagus Spears leftover so I prepared some Roasted Asparagus. To prepare the Asparagus I just needed Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Cloves Garlic (minced), Sea Salt, Freshly grated Black Pepper, Lemon Juice, and Shredded Parmesan Cheese. Then just bake them at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Hard to beat fresh Asparagus! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.




No comments:

Post a Comment