Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Buffalo Terres Major Steak w/ Smashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Terres Major Steak w/ Smashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans








Cool morning, about 43 degrees. Had an early morning doctors appointment. My 4 month checkup of Sugar, Cholesterol, and such. Came back home for breakfast then ran a couple of errands for myself and Mom. Hoveround called this afternoon to confirm I'll be getting a new Hoveround Mobility Chair Thursday. For dinner tonight I prepared a Buffalo Terres Major Steak w/ Smashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.








I prepared one of my favorite cut of Steak, the Wild Idea Buffalo Terris Major Steak. It’s become one  of my favorite cuts of Buffalo because it just always so tender and a taste and flavor that's hard to beat. I had the Steak in the freezer so I let it thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare it I started by brushing it lightly with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoning it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I pan fried it in a Cast Iron Skillet in canola Oil. Cooked it over medium heat about 4 minutes per side. It came out medium rare and juicy! I just love the incredible sweet and wild flavor of the Wild Idea Buffalo Meats. I love any Bison or Buffalo but Wild Idea Buffalo but this is my favorite. Topped it with some Sautéed Mushrooms.






 For one side I prepared some Smashed Potatoes using Baby Gold Potatoes. To prepare them I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, Dill, and Parsley. Mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 30 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and 2 slices of crumbled Turkey Bacon and continued to smash and mix and serve. Then I heated up a small can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt.










Wild Idea Buffalo 8 oz. Terres Major Filet

The second most tender cut on the animal. This treasured cut is found in the chuck shoulder.


http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/a-la-carte/products/terres-major-fil

No comments:

Post a Comment